Tomcub (aka Tommy)

Tomcub

First...I'm not selling anything. If you're looking for the guy that was born and raised on the Double Mountain Fork of the Brazos, flies RC airplanes, shoots a little video, played country music for 30 years, and has spent most of his life working in the oilpatch, been married for 35 years, to the same woman (bless her heart), helped raise 2 of the best kids in the WORLD, and has 6 beautiful grandchildren ...well, here I am!

Have been into RC airplanes about 3 years. first plane was a Hobbyzone Supercub, 3 channel, about a $700.00 plane, when I got through learning how to fly it and repairing it. I learned the hard way, on my own, as any typical man, I hate to ask directions! Soooo, as usual, my hardheadedness, was/is expensive. It's pretty inconvenient being this stupid! and expensive...did I say that?

murankar

Staff member
Well since mist of us are men here I think you came to the right spot. We all learned basically the same way: build fly crash rebuild, rinse and repeat.

Welcome to RCH, a place to let it all hang out. We are picture and video junkies here so post up what you got.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Tony

Staff member
hahaha, that has to be the best intro on the forum YET! Love it!

I as well started out in the hard headed side of things with a 450 helicopter. Yeah, that didn't work out so well, but persistence pays off.

Where at in Texas are you located? I head over to Perryton and Booker about every other week (north part of the panhandle) and might have to stick a helicopter in my truck when I make my next load over there.

Post up some pictures of your toys. I would like to see them.

:welcome1:

Tomcub

Hey Tony, thanks...I live Southeast of Lubbock, about 60 miles, Lake Allen Henry. Shoot me an email, I'll give you my phone number, if you travel 84 South, give me a call, we'll do lunch.
As far as pics and videos, here's a link to my Youtube channel, RC Addiction on Gobbler Creek https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClT3AHa6pAE7hp47E45ivPg
Hope that worked?? I'm no professional videographer...Is that a word? Just strapped a camera on a highly modified Funcub and took off, sooo, no laughin! Except at the crashes, I laugh at them too... when I get through cryin!! I do get some pretty good views once in awhile.
Here's a pic of my latest; a Durafly/FMS P-51D, the 44" version;
IMG_0235.jpg
and the one before that; Parkzone ( I Think), Sport Cub;
IMG_0008.jpg
I'll try to get more pics posted up.

IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

murankar

Staff member
I did 3 funflies up your way. Did 2 hotter n helis and one Aero funfly. I was in the Killeen area for about 2 years then moved back to Ohio. I wish I was still in Texas.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Tony

Staff member
Those are some great looking planes . I will have to check out your YouTube when i get home from work.

Tomcub

Been looking on the form for a couple of days, for a way to upload pics to my profile. I don't see a way, except to post them here, seems a little odd. Sooo, I guess you fellas get to see all my planes at once.
I'll only post a couple at a time, so if there is something I need to do different let me know.
IMG_0270-A.jpg
One I built out of DTFB and some electronics I had laying around, for the grandkids.
I promised I wouldn't fly it until all the grandkids were there, soooo here's the maiden.
[video=youtube_share;EQIKpKFRACs]http://youtu.be/EQIKpKFRACs[/video]
My first highly modified Hobbyzone Super cub.
IMG_0182(1) (800x600).jpg
That's all for now...more to come.

Allways remember...The first thing to do in RC is learn how to land!

IMG_0270-A.jpg

IMG_0182(1) (800x600).jpg

Tony

Staff member
Hey Tom, we do have an Album section, but for some reason, it's not showing up. This is the first I have heard about this and I have put off making some videos to work on this issue. Sorry about this.

Tony

Staff member
That was a complete pain in my.........................

Okay, if you go up to the nav bar, make sure the Forum tab is selected and under it you will see Community. Click on that and a drop down will appear and in there you will see the Album option. In there, you can upload all of your photos, make different folders and so on.

Again, sorry about this!

Top Bottom