General Today was a good day

bigone5500

Got a chance to go out and fly for a few minutes. And today I flew my 270 CFX. I flew it for about 2 minutes. The wind was about 3 to 5 mph. I started out wondering if I should try it or not with the tail shaking and all. I gave it a few small 'hops' and it was acting weird wanting to go to the left. I had to nudge it with the cyclic a bit to 'level' it off. I know it's not a good idea to touch that stick before you take off but I don't think it would have gotten into the air. After finally lifting off, things seemed to be ok. It flies great...well to me it did. I'm a novice in all aspects.

I think that if I had not purchased a flight simulator I would not have been able to do what I did today given the amount of time I have on the sticks. I fully recommend to anyone that has any dealings with RC aircraft that they purchase a simulator.

Tony...no I didn't get a video. But I really did fly it!!! :voidh:

Tony

Staff member
hahaha, you know the rules and admitted to your mistake... You are forgiven... This time!!!!!!! :evil:

That is awesome that you got the bird in the air! That is what it takes, just go out and give it a shot and see what happens. Things are usually different in the air than on the ground. As for not touching the sticks on takeoff, no worries. There are numerous times you have to do this if you are slowly raising it into the air. What they are saying is to never touch BEFORE you attempt to take off and if you do, give the swash time to level out.

bigone5500

But you brought it down in one piece, and that is what matters!
OH...about that. My first landing was a bit scary. I had to bring it down quickly as it was getting too close to a structure. I over reacted and hit the throttle down too fast. The skids hit some soft dirt and the tail blades contacted the ground throwing stuff around. Nothing was damaged though.

Tony

Staff member
I think we have all done that a time or two. Part of the game, that's for sure.

Admiral

Congratulations on a successful flight, don't worry about the landing, your machine wasn't damaged so it qualifies as a good landing.

You know what they say any landing you walk away from is a good one.

Top Bottom