Micro to reverse or not to reverse.. CP3 problems

taizi

Hi chaps
I know ive posted about my Honeybee CP3 before about putting a dx6i into it, well this doesnt work no way no how so i gave up (just not worth it)

The problem i have and have had for a while is.... that the swashplate goes down when it should go up.
a while ago i did all the setup properly (because i know what im doing since i bought it last year) i set the blades to 0 at mid stick etc... but when i tried flying it , the dahm thing wouldnt lift off the ground, i noticed the swashplate was going down, and despite my efforts then i still couldnt reverse the throttle/swash movment.

this wasnt a problem to get round at the time because i just added a few degrees pitch to each blade, meaning it lifts fine at around half stick and does fly very well considering, and has been a great practice heli abit like a real sim, my flyings improved because of it

i have tried everything i can think of in the way of reversing things even plugging the wires in the other way round (incase its wired arse about face) didnt work, ive turned the servos up the other way still no luck, the only luck i had so far was to turn the throttle wire round the wrong way, reverse the throttle on the std TX and with it strapped to my carry box plugged it in , this worked as far as getting the swash to move upwards but i had no power to the motor, and ofcourse the throttle stick at the top of the tx

i thought about turning the throttle stick around in the TX itself or at least the internal wires themselves, does anyone think this might work or even have a proper solution to this problem

its an esky honeybee cp3 with 3-1 mix controller and std ET6 TX (so only manual reverse etc)

as usual im at the mercy of those greater than me with the techy bits

with thanks
paul

stokke

Have you tried going into the negative values in the swash menu?

Find SWASH MIX.
Adjust your PITCH.
The value specified here is probably on the positive side e.g. +60.
Change this value to a negative e.g. -60.

taizi

unfortunately the standard TX doesnt have any functions other than reverse (its a cheap and nasty esky TX), but may plug my DX6i into it and try reversing the swash mix from there, just means taking an rx out of my other helis

thanks

Lee

In the back of the TX under the batteries, you may find a set of dip switches. Let me know if you find them. This alters the actions of the sticks.

RMB677

My Blade 450 3D, bought bind and fly, also has a swash that works opposite the Throttle stick. When putting the settings into my DX6i I used the swash mix values in the instruction manual. I can't complain the heli flies ok, any problems are my fault.

callsign4223

Staff member
The blade 400 and 450 are naturally backward on the swash. It's just the way the links are designed. Believe me, it really threw me for a loop when I was trying to setup my 400.

taizi

yes i saw those switches but wasnt sure what they were

i will try and find an online manual on the TX as the manual i have says nothing , come to think of it when i first got the heli the reverse switches seemed to be different to all the others i'd seen on vids about the cp3, most of them had 2 up and 2 down and mine were alternate

might try strapping the heli down and trying the switches in the other position

thanks
paul

taizi

an update on this

I have solved it

as Lee said the dip switches do change the way the sticks work, kind of a manual reverse, i did get the swash moving up and changed the rx wiring to match, all good heehehe..... no, when i checked the head the blades were only going down into negative, and even changing the links round didnt work

it appears as though with the other posts about the blade etc the swash does have to go down and then up when idle up is on, i have raised the swash right up and managed to level everything off and just flown it and its flying perfect

this wasnt a complete waste of time as when i looked at the head i found the jesus bolt had snapped and one of the ball links was coming undone, so ive replaced the bolt tightened everything and replaced the axis bushes, so its now all ship shape and Bristol fashion

thanks for the replies, it put me on the right track to solving it

Top Bottom