FBL Gyro To DR&EXPO or not in sport mode

trainrider06

What I get for not reading directions I guess......I set up my 450L to sport mode like it was, then I was reading it said do not use DR&EXPO in that setting......well I have been naughty and have had this enabled in my DX8.....
So I thought well I better not enable it and see what happens......well what happens is my pitch is a quick handful of a monster!!! I just about banged it into the ground on the maiden test hover A round....it flew before very nicely with DR%EXPO enabled so whats a guy to do here??

Smoggie

I use the same rates and expo (about 25%) in all my flight modes. the only difference between my modes is headspeed. I used to use different rates and pitch curves and expo values in my modes but I found it was difficult having to deal with the responsiveness of the heli changing so much between one mode and the next, it almost ended in disaster on a few occasions. I found that I personally much preferred for the heli 'feel' to be consistent, maybe it's my aging brain not being flexible enough to cope with change?

So if it was me, I'd ignore the manual. If you liked how it flew with expo then set expo on all your modes.

trainrider06

Yeah it flew just dandy before, so I reckon it ain't gonna harm anything, because right now it's so dang touchy! Barely move the stick and it'll shoot up, or down quick!

Top Bottom