450 to charge or not to charge?

hawk-i

Hey guys I got another issue I could use some advise on. All of my 11.1 2200 mah batteries were about the same age and all seem to be going bad about the same time. So I went to Hobby King and ordered 8 replacements. My question is with winter here and limited daylight and flying time should I charge them all up and if not how much charge should I put on them. I know when they drop below a certain voltage they don't seem to want to take a charge. I got one battery I forgot and left in a heli and went completely dead never to charge back up.

Tony

Staff member
You want to put them to 3.8 volts per cell. This is what is known as a "Storage Charge". Your charger should have a setting to do this for you.

RMB677

A somewhat related question. Is it best to recharge after flying hoping that you'll fly the net day, could be a few days if the weather doesn't cooperate. Or to charge just before going flying. My batteries are usually around 11.2V (3 cell) when I'm done with a flight.

murankar

Staff member
I personally would discharge my packs after about 2 days. I would not go more than a week. With the h.k. packs I would storage them as soon as possible. This will help keep the packs healthy.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

hawk-i

Saying I have not given them an initial charge what should be done to the new ones that I plan to store for winter.

Tony

Staff member
If you just purchased them, they should already be at 3.8vpc. But, you can put them on your charger and do a storage charge on each of them just to be sure.

Top Bottom