FBL Gyro To all the IKON self level haters...

xokia

as of the vibes like GABA said these nitro helis will produce them like crazy...but I have no issues with mine. yes I doubled my tape for just to make sure.
It's not just about if you have any old vibe. Different vibes affect these thing in different ways. It could be the nitro vibes happen at frequencies that dont effect the accelerometers. If you look at some Skookum vibration logs you will see different vibration at different intensity and frequencies. The nitro vibes may have no effect. But yet a tail bearing that has a minor vibe may effect it completely different. Even though that tail operates perfectly. The intensity and frequency is how skookum is able to pin point the source of the vibe and tell you if it is going to be a problem. It's pretty impressive if you ask me. The ikon needs a similar feature. Maybe they will add it at some point.

These acceleration based devices will get there just a matter of time and effort.

Last edited:

sly

I just did a maiden on my old Trex450S with the IKON - I think I like it. My TX is a DX6i, and I would like to assign my SL bank to the trainer switch. I think this would be a good choice because I could quickly hit the trainer switch and self level. After I get my nerves back again, I could release the trainer sw and get back to flying with out the SL.. I currently have just 1 bank setup with no SL.

Is this possible and if so how do I go about programming the DX6i

Thanks for your help

Lee

Its a long time since I played with a DX6I.
Not sure you can reassign the channels on it.
You would need to go into the switch settings, and see if you can set the trainer switch to an AUX channel.
Maybe someone with a DX6I can look for you.

Graham Lawrie

Well I got my 550 perfectly level with the Brain(Ikon really) and made sure with a small spirit level it was ok, had to put shims under the skids to get it perfect, and hit SL button.

The 550 fly's perfect every time, I love it:)
As for the DX6i some functions can be assigned like IU.

Westy

LEGEND
hey guys and Gals!!!!!! Happy new year.... it has been a while!

Funny I am working on my Goblin to actually work on my Self Level part of it and I come across this..... :) I have modified my Mounting silicone to an Align Sorbolene strip that should take out a heap of vibration if any is present.

About to do the Levelling and reset up of the bird tonight and see how it goes.

Remember when I had that issue when my Goblin 600 was out of the box and I stacked it into my house? well I have never had the courage to try it again .... the Gobby flies perfect with the Ikon in normal and is super stable ..... but the other day I had such a close call with a tree and slow on the sticks ... that I thought.... "Hmmmmmm I wonder if I can get this sorted".

Stay tuned!
Cheers
Westy!

- - - Updated - - -

Its been ages since I have operated the Software.... So I am going to set it up and run it through my bluetooth interface to my SAMSUNG NOTE II smart Phone ..... wish me luck!

Top Bottom