700 Tn70 build

bigsteve-4

Hi all I'm building a align th70 I'm putting a microbeast ultra in it I'm not sure which rx to fit to it. I'm using my new spektrum nx10 so it needs to be a spektrum rx any ideas which one I should use??

buel williams

Hi all I'm building a align th70 I'm putting a microbeast ultra in it I'm not sure which rx to fit to it. I'm using my new spektrum nx10 so it needs to be a spektrum rx any ideas which one I should use??
hey there bigsteve-4, you can use spektrum spm9745 I use them on all my beastx.

bigsteve-4

hey there bigsteve-4, you can use spektrum spm9745 I use them on all my beastx.
Cheers how big are they where do you put yours, have you got a 700 size heli I'm still not sure how and where to place the wires On mine. I'm using the align 2in1 regulator glow so I've got wires from that then wires from an rx to the microbeast. I want to have all wires internal but not catching bearing servo arm etc.

bigsteve-4

Cheers how big are they where do you put yours, have you got a 700 size heli I'm still not sure how and where to place the wires On mine. I'm using the align 2in1 regulator glow so I've got wires from that then wires from an rx to the microbeast. I want to have all wires internal but not catching bearing servo arm etc.
Oh I've just checked I need more than an spm9745 as it's a 700 size just a satellite rx won't be good enough

bigsteve-4

Yes that would work I've got the microbeast attractive so as I said in my first message I'm looking for a rx to work on the mb in a full carbon frame and canopy. As the tn70 has a carbon lined canopy

RandyDSok

Carbon and metal frames will block radio reception and there is nothing that can be done about that... To address it, your antenna's must be external from the craft or on a side that doesn't have carbon or metal that can block the signal. Since that means that in some direction, the body of the aircraft will also cause a radio "shadow", this is where a satellite comes into play. You'd place the satellite in a location that isn't blocked when the aircraft is in that orientation. Using a receiver or satellite won't be affected by the size of the craft, they don't influence how strong a servo is, they only have a limit on the number of channels they support.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
If you have the Ultra. it should have come with the SRXL2 adaptor. I used a AR8020T with a SRXL2 remote. The adaptor plugs in the side of the MB and the other servo plug end plugs into the SRXL2 port on the 8020T. You won't have any issues that way. I'm using that setup on an 800. Hiding all the wires on the TN70 may be a trick. Did you get the super combo?

bigsteve-4

If you have the Ultra. it should have come with the SRXL2 adaptor. I used a AR8020T with a SRXL2 remote. The adaptor plugs in the side of the MB and the other servo plug end plugs into the SRXL2 port on the 8020T. You won't have any issues that way. I'm using that setup on an 800. Hiding all the wires on the TN70 may be a trick. Did you get the super combo?
Hi I did not get the adapter in the top combo the microbeast altra did not come with one but I did get all servos engine and exhaust and the microbeast. So your saying the Adaptor cable and an SRXL2 is all I need. I've never setup a flybarless my previous experience was a align 600n flybared. A mate years ago upgraded it to flybarless with a kbar. But as its a copy I don't want to use it so after I get my new tn70 flying I'll buy a new microbeast and refurbish it with it and all new bearing etc.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Yes, the cable is a BXA76403. Usually in the box with the latest MB Ultra.

Attachments

• IMG_1678.png
    IMG_1678.png
    39.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

bigsteve-4

Yes, the cable is a BXA76401. Usually in the box with the latest MB Ultra.
No not with mine but I've already ordered one and a srxl2 as well. If I put the microbeast on the giro tray first then the srxl2 on the end the aerial will be away from the carbon.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Check that, its BXA76403. But the other would work with a modification. You’ll have a receiver and a SRXL2 remote as well. One on each side of the model should be fine. I can post some pictures tonight from my TB70. Electric but similar.
T

bigsteve-4

Check that, its BXA76403. But the other would work with a modification. You’ll have a receiver and a SRXL2 remote as well. One on each side of the model should be fine. I can post some pictures tonight from my TB70. Electric but similar.
T
Yes please the tb70 is the older electric sister of mine

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Nice, good luck and please don’t hesitate to ask if you need help with the setup. Post some pictures too. And congrats on 42 years!

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Well, here's right and left sides of my TB70. I realize with a nitro this may vary a bit but just for an idea. I'm using a Brain2 on this one but have no issues with reception.

Attachments

• IMG_1680.jpg
    IMG_1680.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1679.jpg
    IMG_1679.jpg
    367.1 KB · Views: 2
Top Bottom