tmaxx 3.3 model 4908

hi im wayne im new to this site and new to rc trucks im starting a rebuild on a traxxas tmaxx 3.3 rearend completly stripped out lots of work to just wondering if there were any complet rebuild vidoes on this truck

Tony

Staff member
Welcome to the forum.

I dont' have any rebuilds of the 3.3, never could afford that truck. However, it should be similar to the .15 that I did in the videos. Only difference would be yours is possibly sealed and filled with diff oil. If you can post pictures or better yet, a video of what you are working on and have questions about, I'm sure we can help you out. If need be, I will make Sam tear his truck apart hahaha.

:welcome1:

Tony

Staff member
I have never run an 1/8th scale, so I'm not sure what is out there for diff oil. I think you will be looking at something around the 10,000wt range though. Your LHS will be able to advice you more on this. As you saw in the video, I just used bearing grease to keep the gears lubed since it was not a sealed diff.

Venturi-XR

i put a tiny bit of axle grease in rear diff and it ran fine for me and so far no problems yet and i own a traxxas S-Maxx trx 2.5

Venturi-XR

hi im wayne im new to this site and new to rc trucks im starting a rebuild on a traxxas tmaxx 3.3 rearend completly stripped out lots of work to just wondering if there were any complet rebuild vidoes on this truck
try to put a tiny bit of axle grease and just a bit to have the gears stick to the grease and i did the same thing to my traxxas s-maxx trx 2.5 rear diff and it work well and so far no problems yet and besides the transmission will have enough torque stir up the grease inside the rear diff and in order to put grease in the rear diff and all you have to do is take a small dab onto your flat head screwdriver and then apply it on the gears and if it needs a tiny bit more and just add a tiny bit and till the grease sticks to the gears and if it does not work and you can clean it with WD-40 and then apply with diff oil, or you can ask the hobby technicians about what kind of diff oil should you use and i hope it works for you and good luck

Top Bottom