Trucks tmaxx 2.5r doest move well if at all in short grass

kyle9993

been a while but im back lol.so i was taking my son out the other day for his first nitro experience and when driving on the street it seems to be just in 1st gear and revs high and if its in short grass its doesnt move well and mostly it wont move at all in the short grass,it will rev and thats a bout it,not sure if its the clutch set up or what.its brand new but perhaps i missed something.theres only wear on the top and bottom of the shoes everywhere else still looks new.

Attachments

• rc.jpg
    rc.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 4
  • rc1.jpg
    rc1.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 4
  • rc4.jpg
    rc4.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 4
  • rc5.jpg
    rc5.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 4
  • rc6.jpg
    rc6.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 4
  • rc7.jpg
    rc7.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 4

Tony

Staff member
Incredibly late reply, apologies. This sounds like you broke the pin in the transmission, or the transmission is not engaged fully. Could also be a very loose slipper clutch as well on the spur gear.

In the video below, at 3:03 I pull out the main drive assembly from the transmission and I say "show you this gear". Well, if you pause it at 3:03, look at the left gear, there is a pin. This pin is known for snapping causing high revs and no power getting to the ground. I would 100% check the slipper first, but keep this pin in the back of your mind. And if the pin is broke (sheered is the correct term), then you likely need to back off on the slipper and let it slip for about one second when going WOT before it hooks.

kyle9993

thank you for the help guys,ended up flipping the shoes around and it seems to work.Now for the new problem,the idler gear bearing seal came off and detroyed the gear it runs with,im not to sure if i want to throw another 5116 bearing in this thing and have it possibly fail,is there a better bearing out there for this?
thanks again

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
:welcome1:Kyle9993. Just my :2c: but I would just order the same bearings. Something else could have destroyed the gears like missing teeth or something. It's a nitro. You bound to wear or destroy parts.

Tony

Staff member
If you had metal shielded bearings, you can go with the composite or rubber shielded bearings which would do less, if any damage to the gears. Just look for the bearings that are not silver where the shield is. If this is inside the transmission, you don't even need the shields so you can run without them. The shield is there to keep dirt out, adn the transmission is sufficiently sealed.

kyle9993

these were the blue shielded ones that is on the inside of the trans,it went to the metal idler gear and it must have either went thru the gear and or the ball(s) were not spinning and that wiped the plastic gear out.

Tony

Staff member
Interesting. Never heard of the blue shields (usually fiberglass of plastic) tear up gears like that.

kyle9993

looking at it,it seems stiff like metal but it is blue.i always thought blue was plastic or rubber .whats your thought on ceramic bearing in the trans? a company called Winter evening makes some,cheaper then fast eddy bearing.

kyle9993

thank you for the help everyone,tony i love your videos man.hope to see more if you get any more tmaxxs,or any rc for that matter

Top Bottom