Time to get serious :)

Andreas Nilsson

Hello there,

I'm basically a tech geek that always had a love for helicopters and RC vehicles.
Currently I own one CP, which is a Blade Nano CPX. A little tricky and probably a bit advanced to start with, but nonetheless good practice :)

Now I'm thinking about building myself a 450 CP and training some more on that one instead.

Besides RC I love computer programming and painting. If you have any curious questions I'm all ears!

Tony

Staff member
Hey Andreas, welcome to RCH! Collective pitch is a little hard to start with, but it can be done. One helicopter that taught me how to fly really well was the Blade mSR. Great little heli, takes crashes very well and is very stable. Might want to think about that one. If you have any questions, just post up!

:welcome1:

Andreas Nilsson

Yeah from what I have read it seems like mSR is a simpler one to fly with. The nano is extremely sensitive to input, but it is a sturdy little CP.
The tail is a little jumpy when when throttling, but I guess that is an effect of having a separate motor for the tail?

- - - Updated - - -

welcome Andreas, i have a nano cpx, taught me loads, but spent loads on it in repairs...tough little heli though...

haha! Guess I've been lucky.. or a coward :D More the latter ;)
If you have any gritty tricks or learnings with the nano cpx feel free to fill me in!

The biggest trick with flighty(as I nicknamed it), is to reduce dual rates and increase expo until you get used to it. Fly it over grass, also reduces repair costs..lol...I flew mine in the house mostly, black blade marks all over the walls tell the story... Haha..

Hey Andreas, where you at mate... No location filled in....?

Last edited:

Andreas Nilsson

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

The biggest trick with flighty(as I nicknamed it), is to reduce dual rates and increase expo until you get used to it. Fly it over grass, also reduces repair costs..lol...I flew mine in the house mostly, black blade marks all over the walls tell the story... Haha..

Hey Andreas, where you at mate... No location filled in....?

Ah that is a good advice.. I have to check what I have set my radio with. I'm using the DX6i (if the memory is not failing me), so I guess it would be similar to yours. I flew into my arm gave me a nice little mark haha. Otherwise I have a somewhat large balcony where I do some training, but also a lot of grass fields that I will try it out on (if the wind is calm).

Ah yeah I need to fill that out! I'm from Sweden :)

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Ah that is a good advice.. I have to check what I have set my radio with. I'm using the DX6i (if the memory is not failing me), so I guess it would be similar to yours. I flew into my arm gave me a nice little mark haha. Otherwise I have a somewhat large balcony where I do some training, but also a lot of grass fields that I will try it out on (if the wind is calm).

Ah yeah I need to fill that out! I'm from Sweden :)

Yeah just knock D/R down a bit at a time till your happy with it... Definitely those open fields, much safer for everybody...lol..it can handle a bit of wind like, I was surprised at it at times in the wind...poor little thing is in pieces now, be cheaper to buy a new one....lol.. Happy flying mate

Andreas Nilsson

Yeah just knock D/R down a bit at a time till your happy with it... Definitely those open fields, much safer for everybody...lol..it can handle a bit of wind like, I was surprised at it at times in the wind...poor little thing is in pieces now, be cheaper to buy a new one....lol.. Happy flying mate

Thanks mate! I will join the wake for the poor little thing.. may he rest in peace :D
Do you happen to have any suggestions for batteries if I chose the 6s version?

Thanks mate! I will join the wake for the poor little thing.. may he rest in peace :D
Do you happen to have any suggestions for batteries if I chose the 6s version?

Are we still talking about the blade nano..... 6S battery!!! Aren't they 22.2 volts....lol...my nano is a single cell, 1S, I just bought lots of them and a parallel charger board..

Tony

Staff member
I'm pretty sure he is talking about the Align 450L Dominator. We are chatting about that in another thread.

Top Bottom