thrust angles

KLA

Can't help you with the thrust angles but wanted to take the chance to welcome you to our group. I'm more into helicopters, but there are a lot of very knowledgeable people here and I'm sure someone will be able to help you out.

Tony

Staff member
The RCH Trainer runs only a couple degrees right and down angle. The plans have this in them but you have to cut exact. And as always, you can add washers to the motor mount to give more angle if need be.

Welcome to RCH.

:welcome1:

falcan

Hi thanks guys have flown planes years ago electric, electric gliders, and power planes couldn't remember the angles now
thanks again from falcan w.a

- - - Updated - - -

right angle with the planes noise in front of you

- - - Updated - - -

elertic fuse plan 5.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

fuse with a longer moment arm or longer tail for better control on rear

- - - Updated - - -

elertic winds plan 4.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

elertic plan 2.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

putting in three bulk heads one each side of the dowels ,support, one for motor,second one at the back of trailing edge wing support and dowel

- - - Updated - - -

elertic plane fuselarge Bulk heads front and wing.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

THE THRUST ANGLES IS FOR WHEN POWERING ON THE PLANE FLIES STRAIGHT ALL COMING BACK :)

elertic fuse plan 5.jpg

elertic winds plan 4.jpg

elertic plan 2.jpg

elertic plane fuselarge Bulk heads front and wing.jpg

Tony

Staff member
The optional pieces are only for looks. You do not mount the motor to these pieces.

Do not make the tail any longer than it is or it will be tail heavy. This is why I created the V3 plane. V1 was very tail heavy.

And I'm aware of what the angles are for. Which is the reason the plans have them built in. But, if you get a little pulling up on full throttle, just use some washers and angle the motor down slightly.

falcan

We have control (plastic) inners and outers for control for tail section , there lighter don;t need no more weight back there on the tail area
its all coming back,mounting servos under the wing on the CG mark three quarters back from the leading edge (about ), or placing them (servo's)for balancing is better put a piece of tap 4mmx6mm for balancing the model under the wing on the CG mark, so the mark can be seen when the wing is on for balancing for flying straight and level

- - - Updated - - -

the leading edge bulk head has one 5mm hole each side for push rods inners and outers I make both ends adjustable for setting up or one end

- - - Updated - - -

When the balance is finish I put the servo's blocks in using spruce hardwood

Tony

Staff member
CoG is 1/3 (one third) from leading edge. 3/4 (three quarters) will be severely tail heavy.

falcan

We have control (plastic) inners and outers for control for tail section , there lighter don;t need no more weight back there on the tail area
its all coming back,mounting servos under the wing on the CG mark three quarters back from the leading edge (about ), or placing them (servo's)for balancing is better put a piece of tap 4mmx6mm for balancing the model under the wing on the CG mark, so the mark can be seen when the wing is on for balancing for flying straight and level

- - - Updated - - -

the leading edge bulk head has one 5mm hole each side for push rods inners and outers I make both ends adjustable for setting up or one end

- - - Updated - - -

Hi from perth W.A. up till 1am wa time with your trainer, two push rods from the servo,s too the tail plane made from balsa wood OR round Dowel 6mmx6mm and threaded wire ZeD BEND and cotton thread or hot glue,a hole and out the tail end side but not the same line weakens the tail sides
oNLY HAVE TO FINE OUT WHERE TO BUY THIS FOAM SHEETS FROM in perth WA :)

falcan

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

and threaded rods with horns both ends for adjustments

falcan

Fuse Building jeg.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

mounting serv,o in line.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

noise munting serv,o with motor Battery.jpg SHOWS HORNS FOR ADJUSTMENTS

- - - Updated - - -

THIS ONE SERVO MOUNT PUT ONE MORE ON OTHER SIDE OF FUSE RUD/ AND ELEVATOR

- - - Updated - - -

FORWARD OF c.g if more Balancing is nedded or behind

- - - Updated - - -

one third back from leading edge good start

- - - Updated - - -

Fuse Building jeg.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

FORWARD OF c.g if more Balancing is needed or behind

- - - Updated - - -

I USE INNERS AND OUTERS

- - - Updated - - -

Fuse Building jeg.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

FORWARD OF c.g if more Balancing is nedded or behind

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I USE INNERS AND OUTERS

I PUT hard wood on wing seats and stick on foam 5mm thick and wide

Fuse Building jeg.jpg

noise munting serv,o with motor Battery.jpg

falcan

Balancer for C.O.G.jpg the rubber tops are lead pencil erasers triangle

- - - Updated - - -

Drawings of push rods and servo's.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

TRIANGLE THING HERE IS THE ERAZER

- - - Updated - - -

derrick007@dodo.com.au my email for pictures (falcan)

- - - Updated - - -

ONE can put z bends in both ends taking servo horn off put on servo horn there's no adjustment that way when fixing trimming

Balancer for C.O.G.jpg

Drawings of push rods and servo's.jpg

Top Bottom