General Throttle Pitch curves and D/R expo

bbj

Been reading about proper curves for throttle and pitch plus d/r and expo. Now I am unsure what to really set in my DX9 tx mainly because this is my first time flying a heli. I am setting up to fly a trex 500pro dfc fbl. My throttle currently is set in normal to 0-40-60-75-80, 1 is set to 85-85-85-85-85 and 2 is set to 95-95-95-95-95 with delay at inhibit. Pitch curve in Normal is 40-45-50-75-100, 1 is set to 0-25-50-75-100 and 2 is set to 0-25-50-75-100 expo is set to inhibit. In the d/r and expo screen the Duel rate is set to 100 and 100 the expo is at 0 & 0.

Should I change the curve values, I want to keep it nice and tame while learning to fly. Do I change the 1 or 2 settings? Also do I change the Delay in the throttle curve to Act and/or the Expo in the pitch curve to act?

Are there other setting I should change in either the swashplate screen or the gyro screen or the governor screen? Remember this is an electric heli. At this time the tail curve is set to inhibit and mixing is all at inhibit.
Thanks in advance for any info. BBJ

Tony

Staff member
Do not set expo for the curves. If you need softer on them, then just change the curve. With that said, your curves look fine and should work well. As long as your gyro will allow, DO set DR/Expo in that menu. Start with Dr at +70 and expo at +35. That will help tame the beast down a bit.

Westy

LEGEND
I run My helis in Gov mode and run my throttle curves at flat 30,30,30,30,30 for Norma and 65,65,65,65,65 in ID1

I simply use my Throttle hold to spool up and shut off heli

This gives more constant head speed which in my opinion (Humble) ... gives the user more stability as rotor inertia remains more constant and is not reliant on user control.

Governor mode basically leaves either the ESC or the FBL controller to "Sense" where more and less power is needed .... to maintain your desired head speed.

Helps with both Stable hovering and 3D Maneuvers

Top Bottom