450 throttle curves.

raptor660r70

this is probably posted somewhere on here but didnt see it. my question is this, i set my throttle curves as 45, 47.5, 65, 80, 100. when i take my t-hold off the bird starts to spool immediately at low stick, is this normal? which i suspect it is considering at 0 stick its set to 45.

raptor660r70

im going to elaborate this. i have a dx6i tx, a exi 450 heli, i set my pitch to 0 at mid stick, high i got +11 low i got -5. i set the pitch with linear pitch and throttle curves. i then adjusted the throttle curve to 45, 47.5, 50,75,100. the pitch curve is linear. these curves are on normal, when i mid stick i get 0, high is at +5 low is +1. when i put the throttle curve back to linear its back to -5, 0, +11. what did i do wrong in my setup? i thought i followed tony's advice but i must of messed up somewhere. i dont have the adjustable links at the clear top of my head that you would use to adjust the pitch with.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I don't think so. Something is not set right. What happens when you put some rudder into it? There is a slight tendency for the heli to pull to the side on lift off but they all do. Sitting on the ground and spinning something is not right!

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
You have to have links somewhere to adjust. I'm thinking +10 to -10 should be normal. Something is not set right.

Tony

Staff member
You should have links from the mixing arms to the swash that you can use to adjust the pitch. When you are liniar, you need to have the same pitch positive and negative. If you have more positive than negative, then your swash is too high and you need to shorten your swash to servo links. If it's the other way, you need to lengthen the swash links.

Spooling up at low stick will be on your throttle curves. make sure you have 0 throttle at low stick. That should stop the spinning when you take it off throttle hold. If not, let me know and i will see about doing another writeup with all of the settings.

raptor660r70

ok got ya on the throttle hold, i have it a 0 at low stick and no problem with taking it off t-h. as for the pitch, i will shorten the links from the swash and see what i got. one question i have now is how much travel should the swash have from 0 to mid stick, like how many mm's should it travel. i did gauge those links and although i dont have a digital gauge i thought i got them close but i wont bet my next drink on it lol. ps i did take it out today and got a decent maiden hover out of it but that is before i redo any of these links. and breeze when i put rudder to it, it does great. the gyro and all keeps it straight like a line. and yes i have learned ( somehow ) to compensate for the left drift at take off. i will adjust these links and post back in a day or so. thank you guys for all the info and help.

Tony

Staff member
That is a good question. I have no clue how many mm the swash should travel from 0 to mid. or mid to high. Let me know what happens when you get your pitch setup. I would really like to see a video of this bird in the air. No matter how boring you think it is lol.

madrat

Hey guys, I will be trying to video Raptors heli, In the meantime, can any of you help me with the settings in this dang WK-2603tx? I have a Walkera 4f200 and am having a hard time getting it set up right. Thanks

Tony

Staff member
Raptor had told me that you needed help with that Tx, unfortunately I have no idea where to even start with it. I'm hoping someone on here can help you out though. If not, you could always get a DX6i :biggrin1:

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Somewhere in your set up instruction manual there should be settings for your links. Make sure you measure from the center of the ball end. Not the sides. This is easy to do if you get the caliper set up balls. They make these set up balls that you place on the calipers then you set your calipers to the right lenth and adjust the links till they fit the set up balls. Easy!

raptor660r70

thank you for the info breeze unfortunately i didnt get a set up manual, believe that lol, its a exi 450 pro cf shaft kit from xheli. but on a good note i got to chat with tony tonight while i was trying to get my pitch and he walked me through the mechanical and tx setup, i now have plus 11 1/2 full throttle and negative 12 1/2 low stick so all is good. going to take it out tomorrow and test flight it and hopefully madrat will video it and if so ill figure out how to post it here. i am a noob so its probably not going to look pretty but it will be something. i do thank you though for the info you have givin its much appreciated. ps, as far as the link measurements i did set them up to what tony from horizen hobby had ( he built the exact same heli and recorded it ) and those settings he gave i believe were wrong because thats what i set my links to and the swash was way to high, i turned them i bet at least 7 turns down. he said ( if im not mistaking 33.043 mm for the swash links and 44.0 mm for the other two.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
If you click on the home button, then click on the Instruction Manuals on the left side, you will see a bunch of links to instruction manuals for heli's and a gyro I think lol. Might be good to download then before you build your next heli. I set all of my heli's up to Align's specs then adjust from there. Every heli will be different, so might as well start at where the manufacturer suggests and not where someone else set theirs to.

raptor660r70

i did see that, after the fact, well didnt find this site till just the other day and i built this bird back in may i think. i did take a look at the 450 guide yesterday also. that is some great info though.

madrat

Thanks Tony, yes I may end up with a DX6i, but not for the Walkera. I hope to build a bird like Raptors. There may be someone out there that can help, but I am slowly gaining on the battle with this bird and tx.:peaceful:

Tony

Staff member
I hate to suggest it because the instructions are so crappy, but maybe looking on the Walkera website for a manual? If you find one, let me know and if it's in decent condition english wise, I will put it on the forum for others.

Tony

Staff member
Raptor and I have already went through all of the settings on his heli. Everything is working great now.

Top Bottom