Spektrum Throttle Curve Setting

Hirobo.61

I am a beginner at helo-flying ( I have an old 450 LMH 110 electric) and I need some advice as to where I should set the Throttle Curve on my DX6i? Can I also program the Throttle Hold setting as well? Please explain how this is done; I have the helicopter programming pdf but it's pretty vague in these areas. Thank you for your help.

Tony

Staff member
For throttle curves I always run the same curve on every helicopter, but for Normal mode, you need a good ESC with a good soft start because of the sharp ramp. And you will need to adjust these settings to suit the helicopter and your flying style.

Normal: 0 65 65 65 65
IU1: 85 85 85 85 85

And definitely setup throttle hold and practice using it. That switch can save a helicopter. All you need to do is enable it and make sure it is set to a flat 0 all the way across.

Hirobo.61

Tony: on my Spectrum DX6i the options for Normal are L, 2,3,4,H. And for Throttle Hold, it sets up from 0 to 100 percent. How do these options on my radio relate to the ones you recommended?
Also what is IU1?

Tony

Staff member
The L 2 3 4 H are the different points on the curve. L is going to be the throttle stick all the way down, H is going to be the throttle stick all the way up, and 3 is mid stick. The other two are in between those. And in my comment, the 0 65 65 65 65 corresponds to L 2 3 4 H respectively.

IU1 is Idle Up 1, which is the only Idle Up that the DX6i has unlike more expensive radios that have IU2 as well, some also have IU3.

Again though, make sure you have a good ESC with a slow start before using that curve. If you have a cheaper ESC that doesn't have a good soft start, then try 0 25 65 65 65. This will make it easier to slow spool it up manually. Hope this helps. l

Top Bottom