Prop This is a feeler.. to get some good opinions.. brain storm.. NEXSTAR MINI Conversion!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Hello everybody!! :)

I got this plane sitting at home. Not flying it.. its too slow .. and light.. i want to make it go a little faster.. and heavier to handle the wind...

The planes has a dihederal.. I am not so sure If selling it will get me anything .. but anywaz. I have been itching to convert it to nitro... make the diherdal wings straight and make it a faster bird that i can fly when i want.. kind of a throw it in the air.. sit back and relax fly.. faster than how it flies right now..

anywaz..

What do you suggest as a cheap engine option.. what setup is required.. is it worth it? should I just put it on Craigslist and get what I can get out of it.. ??

here is the specifications..

Hobbico NexSTAR Mini EP Rx-R

let me know!

Gaba

Tony

Staff member
Re: This is a feeler.. to get some good opinions.. brain storm.. NEXSTAR MINI Convers

I remember that plane, you killed it hahaha. it's in RC heaven with Nightmare having a little nightmare reunion lmao. In all honesty, I don't think I would put a nitro motor on it. If you do, you will have to brace the hell out of the fuse and engine mount. And I wouldn't go over about a .25 size motor on it if that. I do agree with making the wing straight though. It's just a lot more fun with a straight wing that you can flip inverted easier.

But I would keep it electric just so you can truly toss it in the air at a moments notice.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Ok let's say I keep it electric.. What do you think I can upgrade the motor to, and prop... ?

Again I will be straightening the Wing.. But look at the wing foil... Will that be an issue?

Tony

Staff member
Re: This is a feeler.. to get some good opinions.. brain storm.. NEXSTAR MINI Convers

The air foil will not be an issue. It will provide a lot of stability, but will still go inverted with a straight wing. do me a favor and measure from the firewall to the back of the prop. This will give me an idea of what size motor you can put on this thing. I'm thinking a 25 size motor like I have on my Edge. Great motor, and great power. Easily hovers my 3.5lb plane. But mine is a .32 size too. let me know.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I remember when I used to fly this, I remember I had to keep the bank in control very precisely as the Wing tips would stall and drop very quick as soon as it went over a bank angle,.

Now how much does the airfoil affect in that?

Tony

Staff member

The wing tips shouldn't have stalled on that plane like that. it will be a lot worse with a straight wing, but you are not wanting to fly slow, you said it yourself, you want speed adn more fun out of the plane. Without any dihedral, it will want to tip stall pretty bad if it's not balanced side to side. Make sure you are nose heavy a little bit and it will help iwth the stalls. Just take the plane up, lower the throttle and pull some back elevator until it stalls. If you are dropping a wing, find out why.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!

i can measure that.. I rebuilt the whole firewall and motor mount too.. it was a bit bigger and beefier than stock.. so.. i will measure that, and post... then lets go from there... the plane by itself is VERY LIGHT.. see in the description on the website..

Top Bottom