Setups Thinking About FPV. Need Setup Suggestions

Tony

Staff member
I'm really thinking about getting into this whole "FPV" deal and I want to know of some suppliers or retailers here in the states that offer everything I need. I was going to order from hobbyking, but the last few orders I have made with them were pure crap. From taking over a week to get here from Washington state, to taking a month to get here from china and everything being of pure crap quality. So, USA ONLY from now on. Am I going to pay more? Yup! But you get what you pay for and the quality is MUCH better.

So now thats out of the way and why I want USA only (someone would have asked), what are your companies you order from for FPV gear?I don't want an LDC display, I would much rather have goggles.

Let's hear it. This will also be a great thread for other members looking to get into it.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and if you are wanting to sell some FPV gear, send me a PM with what you have and what you want for it. I need everything and would prefer 5.8ghz. Nothing 2.4 will work with my DX8. I guess I could use 900mhz, but would rather not. Too many laws around here on that band.

Lee

Readymaderc for all your US FPV needs. FPVManuals in NY is where i ordered my Quad.
What are you going to put it on Tony?

Tony

Staff member
I'm not sure what you mean "put on it". I'm just looking for the camera (has to be wide screen hopefully), transmitter, receiver and goggles. I guess I can deal with SD cameras if the goggles won't support HD. I'm not sure I will put any of this on a quad. I will have to figure out a plane to put it on. Maybe the wing of my Edge hehe.

Lee

You want something very predictable. So thats why quads are good or a very slow flying plane. Your trainer would do for a first try. I'm building a flying wing at the moment to put mine on until the Quad arrives.

Tony

Staff member
Looking at all of the kits out there, I'm not even sure where to start lol. This could take a while.

Lee

I've been searching and learning for months about all the differences. Only after i was totally sure did i buy stuff.

Tasajara

I just tried out my new Antennas, boy do they work great. I have 5.8gHz gear with a Helical and a Blubeam/cloverleaf.
I flew today and only got one short glitch when I flew directly over my ground station.
Not sure what power range on FPV gear you are looking for but I have an extra 200mw system I could sale pretty cheap.
The 200mw TX range for $49 to $59 and the RX around $29. I would sell them both for $50 plus shipping.
You would should be able to get 1+ mile if you use the BluBeam ant. with this setup. Which would be good if you don't plan on upgrading your radio to UHF.
That way you are less likely to out fly your controls.

Tony

Staff member
Send me a PM on what you have. I would like a complete system (tx, rx, camera) and I will get the goggles later. I could always just use my lappy to fly with for now once I get the card for the computer. PM me and let me know. I know you are the MAN with the PLAN when it comes to this stuff and I was hoping you would chime in here lol.

Top Bottom