Thinking about buying this...

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Ok The over the lake video was uploaded this week. The other video was uploaded 3/21/12. Now Alan Szabo Jr. is one of the test piolets for Align. I would think he has the latest and greatest helis long before you or I even hear of them. What makes it A V1?

- - - Updated - - -

It does? where? lmao.

I thought I saw it on You Tube somewhere. ? Hmmmm

Tony

Staff member
lol, I'm giving you crap. if you look at the battery tray in the very beginning you can see that it is actually a v2 lol. Unless he just replaced it.

Tony

Staff member
Alright, enough thinking!!! The kit linked in the first post is on it's way here. If this one doesn't work out, I'm giving up on heli's for good hahaha. I don't think I will see any issues with this kit. Just need to make sure to stock up on gear sets for the tail. I may put on some cheap blades so I don't kill these lmao. They look too purdy!!! Thoughts?

murankar

Staff member
I hope sometime after I get home I can get the one I want. Congratulations I hope this bird stays together long enough for you to enjoy it. No video or it didn't happen!

Tony

Staff member
No video or it didn't happen!

You don't want video? I can make that happen :biggrin1:

I'm sure I will love this heli. I have flown one Align in my life, and I wanted to just unleash on it when I was doing the hover test for the guy I was working on it for. But, I had to hold myself back and just hover to prove it was stable then land it and ship it back to him. If this 3GX is even remotely close to the stability of that Sport v2, I won't have any issues with this one. Maybe I will be able to push my self a little farther now that I don't have to worry about what the cyclic and tail is going to do lol. Before it was a nightmare trying to keep that tail holding. Lets just hope this one is better.

What one are you wanting?

Lee

Just heard about a trick with the gears. Boil them and they become less brittle.

Tony

Staff member
I was actually thinking about trying that. Makes them more pliable but also makes them wear out quicker. Just have to figure out the lesser of the two evils lol.

murankar

Staff member
As you know I have been drooling over the Protos mini and for a while before that I was drooling over the x-cell furion 450. I had to do a lot of thinking of cost and electronics for the heli. My whole reason for upgrading my electronics now is for the near future purchase of one of these two helis.

The biggest factor for me was the ESC and motor combo. So now I am back to the Furion. I was able to get all the electronics to work on the EXI so I can get a close feeling for them before using them on the more expensive model. In order to build the Protos mini you are almost forced into their motor and esc. I have not found many motors for 450 sized helis that come with a 3.5 gear shaft and theirs does. So finding a pinion to mate up would be slow going but doable.

In the end the I chose the Scorpion motor and esc as the work horse for the model and after further review watching and parts surfing the Furion is what I decided on. Now this could change yet again, but I am set on it. I have been reading the manual and most of the setup is similar to the T-rex, as far as the linkages go. By no means are the the same. One plus for the Furion is that it is USA made.

heli-maniac

congrats tony on the buy you will love it
i have got mine all back with the 3 gx installed and the dfc head on the other pro with the 3g on it just cant get a break in the wind unless im at work
its blowing about 25 with hard gust

Tony

Staff member
Jesse, that is about the way it always goes for me as well. If I'm at work, it's dead calm. When I'm at home, it's blowing like there is no tomorrow.

Lee

I was actually thinking about trying that. Makes them more pliable but also makes them wear out quicker. Just have to figure out the lesser of the two evils lol.
The guy i heard this from is a pro pilot. He had issues with stripping gears, but after boiling them, he hasn't stripped one since.

Top Bottom