Thinking about buying this...

Tony

Staff member
You all know I want to get into heli's again and I'm not having luck with the clones. Even though Chaos is a good brand, everything I have read says it's still an Align clone. Same with Tarot and all others out there. so, align is where it's at. Let me know what you think about this kit, and post up any other links to super combo kits like this if you have them. I need to get back into flying helicopters lol.

Align T-Rex 450 Pro V2 3GX Flybarless Super Combo Helicopter Kit w/Motor, Servos | eBay

heli-maniac

well i know there is one thats 389. for the kit motor esc and a battery i was just saying i know the more you get in a kit the better
but i have less than 400. in my build

Tony

Staff member
That kit is the cheapest I could find with the 3GX gyro, flybarless and including everything I need except the battery. With the 3GX, I can just plug in two satellite receivers and do away with the regular receiver. At least I think I can, it was done on a 500 at the field.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Tony is looking for all align! This kit has everything in it except for batteries. Some on the others you have o buy servos exc. it's a great price. I just checked my supplier and it's $479.00 through him.

heli-maniac

That kit is the cheapest I could find with the 3GX gyro, flybarless and including everything I need except the battery. With the 3GX, I can just plug in two satellite receivers and do away with the regular receiver. At least I think I can, it was done on a 500 at the field.

yes you can i just got mine in and it is set up that way makes it alittle cleaner

Tony

Staff member
Cool. I didn't know it until I saw this guys 500. Very clean install. Now I just need the money to get the kit lol.

heli-maniac

Tony is looking for all align! This kit has everything in it except for batteries. Some on the others you have o buy servos exc. it's a great price. I just checked my supplier and it's $479.00 through him.
every thing on mine is aline except for the sky walker esc

- - - Updated - - -

this is were i got mine from its alittle cheaper and they ship fast
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALIGN-T-REX-450-PRO-3GX-Super-Combo-KX015080-Helicopter-/190565586643?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c5e9816d3

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALIGN-T-REX-450-PRO-3GX-Super-Combo-KX015080-Helicopter-/190565586643?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c5e9816d3

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot

- - - Updated - - -

ALIGN T-REX 450 PRO 3GX Super Combo KX015080 Helicopter | eBay

- - - Updated - - -

So I just took a quick look at some of the so called cheeper kits on e bay! No! I repeat NO electronics! Now I found a kit for $103.00 throw in all the parts! Align parts! Not cheepo hobbie king parts. What do you have? The kit for $444.00 has everything cept the battery! Am I missing something?

Just looked at your links. Ten bucks cheeper than the link tony put up. So go for it Tony before there gone and the price goes up! Lol.

Last edited:

Lee

I've bought some stuff from nitro hobbies. They have been great and the best prices i could find for the parts i wanted.
Go for it Tony, get your first REAL helicopter.

Tony

Staff member

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Yup, same seller that I was looking at. I went to his website and he doesn't even stock these lol.

I've bought some stuff from nitro hobbies. They have been great and the best prices i could find for the parts i wanted.
Go for it Tony, get your first REAL helicopter.

It's tempting bro. Very tempting.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder why it states Pro in the title and not Pro V2...

heli-maniac

So I just took a quick look at some of the so called cheeper kits on e bay! No! I repeat NO electronics! Now I found a kit for $103.00 throw in all the parts! Align parts! Not cheepo hobbie king parts. What do you have? The kit for $444.00 has everything cept the battery! Am I missing something?

Just looked at your links. Ten bucks cheeper than the link tony put up. So go for it Tony before there gone and the price goes up! Lol.

this is what i got
ALIGN T-REX 450 PRO 3GX HELICOPTER W/O ELECTRONICS | eBay
i put in Align ds420 servos a ds520 tail servo has the 3gx system now had just a 3g in it but want the 3gx has the align 450 mx motor the esc is the only thing not align

Tony

Staff member
I sent the seller an email on his posts. I have to make sure i'm getting the v2 and not the Pro v1 as stated in the title. I know the pics state v2, but it just worries me about the title lol. Hope to hear back from him soon, and I may just drop the hammer and order it. Still up in the air though.

heli-maniac

ya only the title dose not say pro v2 but every thing else in the add dose
the title is so long they may have just not put it on there

look at the link of the one i got its the same dose not say v2 in the title but it is

Tony

Staff member
I'm not sure about the v1 head as I'm finding the same thing you are finding. but yes, the 3GX is the latest out there and the DFC head is the latest head design. Albeit I still don't trust the DFC head. That could be a lot of force being put to those grips via the links. I will need to see more testing before I order one. that is if I order this kit I'm talking about lol.

heli-maniac

I'm not sure about the v1 head as I'm finding the same thing you are finding. but yes, the 3GX is the latest out there and the DFC head is the latest head design. Albeit I still don't trust the DFC head. That could be a lot of force being put to those grips via the links. I will need to see more testing before I order one. that is if I order this kit I'm talking about lol.

well talking about the dfc head i got one to put on the hk pro with the 3g i took off the 3gx
nitro hobbies has the conversion for a good price so i got it to see what it was about

Tony

Staff member
Let me know how it goes. I know Gaba put one on his 450, but he has not been around much or flying much here lately to give us an update. he will though, or I will hunt him down hehe.

Top Bottom