They call me the "Ole Coot", pilot in confusion - - -

Cooter

In my youth, I was and still am licensed, Commercial - Multi-engine / Single engine land and sea - Rotorcraft/Helicopter -
Flight Instructor / Instrument Flight Instructor - - But, now that I am old and gray, I don't fly that stuff anymore :no: I have retreated to RC - I have more airplanes now, than I know what to do with, thinking of building a bigger shop :crazy:
I am using both Futaba 7c's and Spektrum DX8 - Just picked up a UMX AS3Xtra, and am in the process of reinforcing it before before I have a pilot error that makes it un-fixable - If anyone has some words of wisdom about this plane, please pass them on - Cooter

Tony

Staff member
Man, the things that I could learn from you lol. Sounds like you have a great fleet under your roof. I really need to get my fixed wings back out and put them back in the air. Post up some pictures if you can of your fleet. Sounds like it's impressive.

Sorry though, not sure on the plane that you are talking about. I think it's the foam plane, but not sure.

murankar

Staff member
Welcome to RCH. We live for pics and video. If you got some please share.

You've done things I'll never be able to do. Can't wait to hear your stories.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Admiral

Hi Cooter,

Welcome to the forum, I haven't had anything to do with the UMX AS3Xtra but had a 4Site which is similar construction and have the UMX Beast (which is a hoot) and found that Clear cellar tape applied across the wing roots and to the leading edge of the wing improved the survivability in the event of an UN-planned vertical landing. The additional weight of the tape has little effect and is about half the weight of the glue that you will need to apply to repair it after the event.

Top Bottom