450 The Start of the Aluminum 450 V3 Sport

john2012

Banned
Hey that's sweet,hope i don't offened you but that heli looks like the one i first had and off the wall 3ch x90 made n china please don't take offence thats what it looks like

RC MAN

Ok, Ya got me on that 1 John, ya have a good eye, but that would be the first time I ever heard of a 3 ch Ti framed 450 CP Heli.
Am I wrong? Or what.
This one is going for the (I hope ) Record, not with the canopy thats on it, but a Streamlined 1.
I just came up with the Idea yesterday, And the Chinese already copied it, Boy, are they fast.
I love this Forum,
Tony, you did a GOOD job Man. When are ya gonna make me a Honorary Member? LOL

I joke around a lot , where ever I go,

Ya have any stickers ya can send me ? RC-HELP.COM or In front of you, Is a RC-HELP Member, Ask me a Question, We have the answer...

Frank

Tony

Staff member
Tony, you did a GOOD job Man.

On what? the forum? It's still a work in progress. We are getting ready to start testing a completely new forum that is going to mix some things up a bit. It's good times. I get to learn some new coding lol. As for decals, I don't have any right now. I sent my last ones to derek when he purchased a BEC from me. If I ever get back on my feet, I will be making more though. I'm thinking about just putting them in teh store. Gets a little expensive for me to give them away.

RC MAN

On what? the forum? It's still a work in progress. We are getting ready to start testing a completely new forum that is going to mix some things up a bit. It's good times. I get to learn some new coding lol. As for decals, I don't have any right now. I sent my last ones to derek when he purchased a BEC from me. If I ever get back on my feet, I will be making more though. I'm thinking about just putting them in teh store. Gets a little expensive for me to give them away.

Ohh, Ya know,I gave away a 450 sized heli to a member, (my own 1 I posted here) for a review from him, not in this forum, Gave it to him, for a review, good or bad.
No answer afterwards, and he quit the forum, stupid me, free heli for 800 bucks, was a prototype, like my Drag Heli.
Ill find him on youtube, and give him hell, LOL

Frank

RC MAN

I Maidened my 450 today,
Went good, except for the bad gyro, servo and the sticking tail slider, at speed, the tailshaft would expand, till it it binded the bearing.
Try to find that problem, land,and it cools down, moves smooth, fly again, all goes good till the shaft comes up to temp. Piros, and ya cant stop it,
Kinda stays where ya put it, locked. Changed out the whole rear end, to my Ti, Alu, shaft. Flew like a charm, till the batt was empty, Got dark before the charging was done.
Tomorrows another day.

Hey Tony,
Does it still look like Santas Sleigh? lol

Or a Bad Ass Speedster

IMG_1270.JPG

Tony

Staff member
I'm thinking more "Santa's Sleigh" that has been on an episode of "Pimp My Ride" hahahahaha. Hope you get the tail issue figured out.

RC MAN

I'm thinking more "Santa's Sleigh" that has been on an episode of "Pimp My Ride" hahahahaha. Hope you get the tail issue figured out.

WHAT ?
Ya saw my heli on Pimp My Ride, You watch that show? LOL
Ill take that as a compliment from you, OK.

It flys, does it look ok also?
Just a question to a guru, you.

Tony

Staff member
It's different, I will say that. But, I'm not that big of a fan of the SE V2 frame design either. The canopy just sticks out way too far. That is why I put a Pro canopy on my SE V2. What matters is that YOU like it. I do think this would look a LOT better with a DFC head on it though!

RC MAN

That frame is NOT a Se V2 frame. Sorry man, I made it for this heli from Ti. From the Original 450 Sport framing, There aint any zipptie holes in my frame either.
Should I post all pics from the build and plannings ?

RC MAN

Just an update, I figured the tail out, what a pain, trouble shooting on these things, but now it flys and hovers like a dream.
no hander for about 10 sec. And that for a FB heli, is pretty good, I think.
I started this one with one thing in mind, SPEED. But Ill have to wait for the right time to let it loose. It has mg servos, and an Align 425 for the tail,
GP780 gyro, and a 5520kv motor in it, ya I am crazy, but for speed ya need mucho power. 5725 possible HS on this thing, the flybar paddles will have trouble with this headspeed, as they cause to much drag, so maybe fbl is on its way, but with 4200 it works. Tail gyro was giving me problems too, so a Quark is on its way.
Best gyro for the FB helis I heard, so why not try one out to see,
A pic of it in the air, with about 4000 HS next to a tree, man was I shakin' one wrong move, and its Heli salad.
But I havent crashed it yet, so thats a good omen. Got about 15 flights on it so far, the BIG one will be on this weekend if everything goes good.

Frank

IMG_1278.JPG

IMG_1288.JPG

concept30

so are you going keep it a FB or change it FBL cause im interrested in that option, i wanna know which is better, plus how are you going know how fast its going be after the upgrade?

RC MAN

so are you going keep it a FB or change it FBL cause im interrested in that option, i wanna know which is better, plus how are you going know how fast its going be after the upgrade?

Well, Im staying at flybarred till im 58 years old, lol noo, I like a fb heli, your more connected to it flying, maybe fbl later, if it dont fly right at speed.
But with both,ya have to set them up, and for me , a fb heli is easier to do. But if your just starting out flying, and ya can afford it, get a good fbl sys. for your heli.

As to testing the speed of it, Ill be using a gps stick from my buddy, its small and you hardly see it, a usb stick kinda thingy.

UPGRADE LOL, all new here man.

Video will be this weekend, but my camera is crappy, the sound kinda whistles, and it sounds like crap, but pics aint to bad.

Dirk

With that headspeed, I wouldn't worry too much about a tree. You'll chop that sucker right off.

Top Bottom