The RCH Trainer FLIES AGAIN!!!

Tony

Staff member
I have been saying that I was going to do this for quite a while now, and today, I finally did it. I put the RCH Trainer back in the air for it's SECOND flight EVER! And I have to say, it flew better this time than it did the first time. It was still very nose heavy which is a good change from being tail heavy, but it makes for a fast landing. But the RCH Trainer is back in the air once again!!!

The RCH Trainer Flies AGAIN! - YouTube

Adam

very nice man. I think you are better at flying now than you were before. nice rc help shirt.

Tony

Staff member
Love my RCH Shirt lol. And I don't know about better flying, the plane just loves to be in the air. I'm thinking about taking the RCH Heli out this morning and REALLY pissing off the neighbors. Charging up the glasses as I type this to get ready for it. Only one way to see if it will fly! Hope it does with 3.1 in it.

But hopefully I can get the RCH Trainer back in the air soon. Need to find a better battery and get a more aggressive prop on it though. Hell, I just need more batteries lmao.

Whirlybird

Good show Tony :hdbng: Just visualize flying the RC-Help trainer when you're at the RCH Heli's controls and it will go smoothly :yikes:

HOLD THE PRESS!!!!!!!!
Is that you Tony??????? We finally get to see THE MAN himself?????? :lol:

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Oh, the two are nothing alike lmao. The trainer is smooth and forgiving. The heli is Nightmare 3.0 lmao. But, as you will soon see, there has been progress with the heli! But it still needs work. Hope you are doing okay bro, have not seen you around here much lately.

Tony

Staff member
Nah, that wasn't me. That was my stand in double. I was injured by a control rod stabbing me in the finger. This whole flight, I was bleeding like a stuck pig from that little hole lmao. There was blood all over the right side of that DX8 when I was done flying. And it still hurts! Oh the joys of this hobby lmao.

Derek

Nice video, Tony! It's pretty cool to see YOU in a "flying" video for a change, lol. Everyone needs to get out and have a bit of fun...that means you, too. I liked the aileron rolls and the loop that you did, as well as the bit of inverted flying. Really a great job! Did the trainer survived that 'thud' on the landing?

...and this part is directed to Matt...Nice job with the video recorder. I had to laugh a bit when you said that you were worried about everyone getting sick while they watch this, lol.

All in all....great job guys!!!

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Great flying. Te trainer looks good in the air. I need some energy to go down to my workshop and get something done today. He'll I don't even feel like going to the mall show today! Lol

Tony

Staff member
Derek, the rolls were just to see if the ailerons would stick, the loop proved that it was not trimmed correctly (something is wrong with the wing, it's tweaked somewhere) and the inverted was to check the CoG. I will be getting more daring in later flights, but I would be sick if I crashed this plane.

As for the "thud landing", not even a scratch. I landed it hoping I could set the endpoints in the ESC. But, 8 rubber bands on the wing, I decide against it. I grabbed it and asked if Matt was going to record the next flight, and he said he wanted to watch lmao. so it flew shortly after that landing. It's a very strong plane.

I do need to hook that ESC up and set up a full brake on the motor. You can hear my timer kick off when I get really high and kill the throttle, but the motor still sounds like it's powered. Also might add a bit of timing to try and get a little more rpm out of the motor. It's just not spinning fast enough right now. Might need to put a 1300kv on it. Too bad I just sold my last one to Matt last night lmao.

And Sam, no one would blame you for sitting one out bro. Everyone needs time to heal. That F7F and the 700 will be there later when you are better.

callsign4223

Staff member
All I saw in the view finder was SHAKY SHAKY SHAKY. I thought the video was gonna turn out horrible.

I did tell Tony that next time the first 30 seconds of the video is gonna be of him watching the plane fly around the sky so the members can get a good look at him.

canongraphy

Hey guys nice job! and Matt, the video was fine bro, actually I thought it was just fine, and nice job of getting Tony in the shot, its always good to see what others look like.
Now we need a vid of the nightmare! :)

Tony

Staff member
At this time, I have it in the supporters section for those that have donated to make this heli happen. I wil hopefully be doing another video shortly and will edit it to put here in the public forum.

Ken Jackson

That was smooth Tony. My son keeps bugging me to get a plane next but you know how expensive a Heli can be. Hey I just won't crash anymore, Lol

Ken

Tony

Staff member
Download the free plans and build this one. It's a perfect stable platform once you get the CoG set on it.

Derek

Hey Tony! I think I remember reading, in a prior post, that you were gonna make some adjustments and try again. I really hope that you do.

I need to get back to the Dollar Tree and replenish my foamboard stash so that I can make a second trainer.

Top Bottom