The RCH Heli Is In The Air!!!!

Tony

Staff member
No worries on the driver bud, it's not a big deal lol. Once the pots are set, I will probably never touch them again.

I think I'm going to order back the blue servo horns that I had on it (I hate blue... lol) and give those a shot. If it works, great. If not, ah well, I tried. I'm not sure I trust these plastic horns on here anyway lol.

Tony

Staff member
Thanks John. I'm charging the battery for it right now to take it out and do a bit of tuning before heading to work. Also put new settings in teh gyro so need to test those out as well.

DAL2855

Banned
Tell ya what Tony, pm me your address and I'll donate that YS50ST I've got to put on that bird! It's only had about 5 tanks of fuel ran through it!

Tony

Staff member
Let me talk it over with the members that have paid for this heli and I will see what I can do. I would like to stick with the OS55 as it's just a powerhouse of a motor when it's runnign right. And if I can talk a certain someone into selling his and I can get the money, I can get a bitchin deal on another OS55. Just waiting for "him" to wake the hell up and give me an answer lmao. I do greatly appreciate your offer though!

Tony

Staff member
No. I was going to, but when I reached for the helicopter. I noticed oil covering the canopy. Because of this, I stared looking, and there was oil EVERYWHERE! It's either coming out of the head or the front bearing, either of which would cause what we saw in that video, a lean condition. If it's coming out of the head, then it's coming out from under the sleeve cause I still have decent compression. well, half assed anyway. But I'm pretty sure it's the front bearing.

I have since removed the engine and it's final start was the video above. This engine is now officially retired.

xokia

I'm pretty sure its not leaking from the front bearing. Two stroke engines need compression in the top of the engine and then what most people dont realize is that they need compression in the bottom of the engine also. The compression in the crankcase is more important then the compression in the top of the engine. If you have a leaking crankcase you can have full compression at the head, perfect spark (or glow plug) and perfect fuel and the engine will not start. This has stumped many people. A leaking crankcase will be a no start or really hard to start issue. And when you pull the glow plug it will be damp with fuel. My guess is you are leaking at the head or where the muffler connects.

Tony

Staff member
IT's a common issue on these engines for the front bearing to leak and cause the issues that I'm having with it. I would just replace the bearings, but then I would want to replace the other damaged items, and that would run more than a new engine.

Just to verify this, there was oil all over the fan shroud on the inside. This is where the crank and fan were slinging it off. It's the front bearing, I'm about 95% sure of it. I just couldn't get enough flight time to accumulate dirt on it for a positive verification. But again, I know that is where it's coming from.

Top Bottom