The Rc-Help F-16 Scratch Build

Tony

Staff member
I uploaded this last night, and some have already seen it, but I had a horrible morning, and just now am able to put it on the forum.

This plane was born out of boredom sitting here at work for 12 straight hours with nothing to do. I'm not good at making plans, but I had the time to get it right lmao. Because of the nature of this plane, I doubt I will ever put it on the internet though, I just thought you guys would get a kick out of it. This just goes to show, if you like something, grab some foam, build it and see if it flys.

The first time I flew this plane, it didn't go so well. Where I thought the CoG should be, it wasn't. So I built this one, and still, the CoG is not correct, but it flys as you will see in the video. If you are interested in what I have done so far on this, I may stick the plans onto the server for you guys to try. The 64mm EDF is not that great though. I'm thinking a 2500kv motor with a 6x4 prop is what this thing needs to scream through the sky. If you guys try this with a prop, I want to see some video lol.

Anyway, after teasing you guys about it, here is the RCH F-16...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIlv4ED0kQ0

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
hahaha. I have not seen many plans of this as stated before, but I'm sure after some work, it will fly a little better. I was going to put a floating tail on it, but I wanted to keep it simple. The FF-22 has floating tails as well, and RCFF used one huge control surface all the way across. I still want to build that plane again with a propjet this time.

This is just what I have done when I got bored. No real reason other than "lets see if 'this' will fly" lmao.

Tony

Staff member
It looks great in teh air. It's just too bad my friggin fingers are doing the shuffle on teh sticks hahaha

Adam

Looks like fun TONY. I was thinking of ordering one of the fun jets from hk. Good job on it though it looks and sounds awesome

Tony

Staff member
It's still a handful lol. But you are right, it's a blast. and the video doesn't give the sound justice. If you can hear past the sound of the EDF, the sound of that plane cutting through the air is awesome. You should build one if you have, or want to buy an EDF. I can send you the preliminary PDF to try out if you want to give it a shot.

Adam

THat would probably be cheaper than purchasing one and a lot more exciting so sure. ANd as for the orange rx will that be good enough for permanent in a plane i thought you had stated something about the Orange rx in the past

Tony

Staff member
The OrangeRx is perfect for a plane like this. If you are flying a plane that is over $200, I would not put that Rx in it, but for something you can repair for $2, you bet I will use it. As you saw, it did just fine in this plane. I will see if I can find the file and get it uploaded to the server so you can download it. it's not finished, but you shouldn't have an issue putting it together.

Tony

Staff member
I use the foamboard from DollarTree on this one. You can also get it at hobbylobby but it's heavier. If you use the Blue Core foam from the hardware store, you will need to use more bracing to keep it from flexing as much.

Top Bottom