The Raptor has wings

Adam

It flies. Man this bird is so smooth in the air its awesome so the video is uploading right now of its maiden first time the skids came off the ground. I will be uploading the first start of this engine which did not go that good lol i freaked and throttle cut it and flooded it took the glow plug out and then restarted it and then thats the flight video that i had taped i change the gain a couple times and ran the rest of the tank out and what a beautiful machine. Thanks gaba on helping with the multigove settings.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
good deal Adam. i wanted to fly my qav today but 50mph wind gusts stopped me. looking forward to the video.

Adam

Well here it is. Nothing special but man i will tell you this thing is a blast to run.
[video=youtube_share;Dc-GJu_y3wE]http://youtu.be/Dc-GJu_y3wE[/video]
Had to get Rc-Help on her too today so here it is
20130407_152039_resized.jpg

20130407_152039_resized.jpg

Lee

Nice one Adam. I like the little sideways shuffle at the beginning :D Theres just something about Nitro and gas powered helis. I would like to give one a try.

Adam

Ya just making sure the engine wouldnt die and would have to auto my first try lol. Now it just lifts right off the ground. Thanks lee and jesse. Dont worry this thing is gonna be a blast at the flying field.
So here is the first start of this engine with the noobie (ME) attempting to get it. I shut it down cause there was no smoke but it was fine. Except i flooded it.
[video=youtube_share;fhDo61Cu2PE]http://youtu.be/fhDo61Cu2PE[/video]

canongraphy

Hey Adam nice! but you were freaking me out with the side step drag and then close to the road with cars driving by, but that's only because I couldn't do that LOL
look forward to seeing your flying vids too!
gratz!

helicc16

the Smoothie Pilot
I would have been kinda of nervous with the toolbox so close during the spool-up. Anyway, she looks quite stable and sounds strong. Good job!

Adam

the camera was zoomed in so it was farther away then you guys think and my daughter was a ways away

Adam

Yes but it swings 550mm main blades so if this sat next to a 500 it would be bigger i have nothing to compare it too. i wanna go out and fly again that smell of nitro is calling my name again.

Adam

So the engine sounded good yay

- - - Updated - - -

when gaba says nothing you know your doing something right lol

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
So the engine sounded good yay

- - - Updated - - -

when gaba says nothing you know your doing something right lol

Lol

That bird looked and sounded sweet! Smooth

Bird no issues

Advice I always got some : lol jk!!

Just that keep that fuel bucket and starting assembly 20 ft away from the bird

That's a disaster waiting to happen haha!

So this was the engine at stock settings?

Interestingly enough : your engine sounded like it dropped rpm as you got in the air ... What's your normal mode throttle curve.. ? (By multigov specs? )

Everything looked great! You'll get addicted to the noise and sound!!

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Adam

I noticed that too. We put the multigov at 1800 for norm and 2000 for IDL up the 1800 to keep it tame so i could kick it up some but it sounded good so i am happy. man that thing was stable it felt good and yes the wife was drinking a milkshake and she said it started tasting like nitro haha. Oh normal throttle curve in Tx linear and Idl up 100 95 90 95 100. And yes stock settings on engine after some needle adjustments.

Tony

Staff member
Congrats on the flight. However the engine looked to be quite lean. When you were spooling up, you had good smoke, but once you reached flying speeds, the smoke almost completely went away. This will burn up engines quickly, just ask Gaba lmao. Make sure to check the temp of that engine after running. Anything over 200ºF is too hot.

Dammit, you put this one in he air before the RCH heli lmao. I'm losing the "first in air" race hahaha.

Adam

ya I richened it up some more after that flight what a rush nitro is. when it spooled up I was like whoa. man I got a deal on this thing

Ken Jackson

Good job Adam. Get in some space! Bet your neighbors love you, Lol. I thought flying by my neighbors with electric was bad.

Ken

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I think I know what this is. ...

Ok .. So when you are on the ground under 30 percent throttle (30 percent being the Multigov's take over point if you havent changed it.. ) you are in the low needle..

If I am thinking this correctly, and correct me if I am wrong, you have a screw for Low speed settings. That is different from many other engines where that is actually an Idle needle. where if can open and close your carb. This is a cam action screw which is open at one position and closes at 90 degrees and repeats.

If I am catching it right, you have that screw leaned out too much . I never touch that screw as its not worth using till you are looking for a wider range of power. Your High speed needle might be " OK " so as soon as Multigov took over and went higer carb , the high speed needle take over.. and its richer so rpm drops.

Now you say that you richened some and flew again.. I would suggest REchecking that low speed needle screw and putting it at the factory position . And not touching it at all.. If you are gurgling at throttle advance or not staying at idle, I woud still control the fuel input from the high speed needle. It'll keep your engine VERY happy! All the engines I have had I have never touched the low speed at all. My vibe's engine is running at stock Low speed needle setting.

Adam

ya and there is no factory setting so I'm at a loss of words

- - - Updated - - -

I just read a raptor page explaining how to reset it. lol its gonna be a lot of just seeing how it reacts.

Top Bottom