The Prodigal heli curse continues

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I thought I found the heli and it was over.. But nope... I just realized, that the itchy legs I have had for a while now, is POISON IVY.. And the oils have been on both the pairs of shoes i usually wear, and I have been infecting myself again and again every day. So now its unbearable and growing.. :(

Luckily I realized it last night.. and sanitized one pair of shoes and gonna do that to the second pair.. :( It hurts!! and itches! ughhhhhhhhh

The curse is not over yet.. lol ..

Hate this.. first time to get Poison Ivy. :(

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
If you haven't done so already, look it up online. Poison Ivy oil is water soluable, so you should be able to wash your shoes/clothes and get it out of there. As for the skin, I used a product called Zanfel (I believe) which worked okay. After applying that stuff, I'd follow it up with Cortaid anti-itch gel. I truly hate the pink pasty stuff (what it's called I forget right now). If you can keep it from itching, you're half way there. Something else I found out the hardway is the oil in the roots and vines is 10-100x more potent than what is on the leaves ... I had some Poison Ivy at the front of my house for some reason ... I went to Lowe's and bought some Poison Ivy killer which worked EXACTLY as advertised. I feel for you Gaba ... nasty stuff. And after it's on you and causing issues, you just have to ride the pain/itch wave until it's done ... at least that has been my experience. Not a lot of fun.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Yeah I took some anithistamines.. and applied some itch supressents. Will get the product you said.. or the pink stuff .. Calamine..

lets c..

murankar

Staff member
I feel the pain brother. The last three times I got that I had to go and get the shot. I am not deathly allergic to it but I am highly sensitive to it. Good luck and hope it clears up soon. I have tried to use Ivy Dry, unfortunately due to my sensitivity it barely worked. It did work just not as good on me.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I am using some hydrocortisone. Kinda like Zanfel as paul mentioned. It's soothing the itch a lot. Finally got sleep last night lol

Top Bottom