600 The next heli on my list. Compass 6HV Ultimate

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
I will own a Gobby one day. Just with a bubs in a few months time, it may be a bit later. Still get something nice, just not a gobby at the moment.
May just have to wait until funds allow me to get a 700 gobby and get the 6HV for now....

:drools:GOB 700 and a 6HV.....I am working funds for a Go-Pro black and parts for my birds, oh ya! I just purchased an eraze bird to kill time while my batt's are charging. maybe this is why I don't have my Go-Pro yet..LMAO damm hobby

Tony

Staff member
Tell me with all of those great birds you have, that you DID NOT buy an E-Razor?!?!?!?! Those things are complete crap IMO. I'm really hoping eraze doesn't mean E-Razor lol.

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Tell me with all of those great birds you have, that you DID NOT buy an E-Razor?!?!?!?! Those things are complete crap IMO. I'm really hoping eraze doesn't mean E-Razor lol.

LMAO! oh heck no! i got one of these little birds.

eraze.png

eraze.png

Nice!! Looks like a bit of fun to fly!!
I need to find something similar to have fun with while batteries charge.
Now that i have my charger, I should've got a multi charger!!

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Nice!! Looks like a bit of fun to fly!!
I need to find something similar to have fun with while batteries charge.
Now that i have my charger, I should've got a multi charger!!

Oh they are fun..Multicharger! yes, you can't beat them. parallel charge at 2/3C, you will be flying again in 15 Min

Yeah, just at the moment trying to sneak a battery past the ministry of war and finance could be a touch difficult.
I've had time to soften her up on a new helicopter, just not a new charger!! haha
Although after my folks went to town, she may be a bit more relaxed on me spending money haha

Graham Lawrie

Am i missing something?? I have looked at this, checked it out on line and i think it looks cheap and poorly made. I dont mean to sound negative but when you see a Goblin/Align/Warp compared to this Compass i really cant see quality? It looks cheaply built to me:) Ok guys , head above the trench now, shoot me down LOL

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Am i missing something?? I have looked at this, checked it out on line and i think it looks cheap and poorly made. I dont mean to sound negative but when you see a Goblin/Align/Warp compared to this Compass i really cant see quality? It looks cheaply built to me:) Ok guys , head above the trench now, shoot me down LOL

I never really seen one close up or really looked closely at one online...but looks good at a glance

Lee

The Warp is a Compass Graham. Are you looking at the new 6HV Ultimate or the old one? Cause there aren't many pictures out of the new one and they haven't published any of the canopy yet.

Lee

Here are some pics.
Compass-Atom-6HV-Ultimate-mit-Motor-70A-HV-ESC-u-Rotorblaettern.jpg

Compass-Atom-6HV-Ultimate-mit-Motor-70A-HV-ESC-u-Rotorblaettern_b2.jpg

Compass-Atom-6HV-Ultimate-mit-Motor-70A-HV-ESC-u-Rotorblaettern_b4.jpg

im6OlLv2kXkXo.png

RCHR-A1n-MTTEC-Booth.jpg

RCHR-A1i-MTTEC-Booth.jpg

Compass-Atom-6HV-Ultimate-mit-Motor-70A-HV-ESC-u-Rotorblaettern.jpg

Graham Lawrie

Yes Lee I know the Warp is a compass, but the HV just looks cheap to me. I went on the web site before I commented. Sorry but I just can't see what everyone else is:) All part of personal taste I suppose:)

Tony

Staff member
Yup, Compass has made it's name like Goblin has with very low parts count. To be honest, I didn't like the 360 when it first came out, but it's starting to grown on me.

Westy

LEGEND
It is also sturdier than the Goblin 2.0mm frame compared to the goblin 1.6mm. Some other good things about this heli:

* Cheaper to repair part for part.

* Nice DEsign Sub lower frames .... can be replaced easily without having to fit new servos.

* So no having to completely strip the heli down to replace a frame side.

* Large 6mm Tail rotor shaft (shorter and sturdier) less likely to bend.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a pic of one (630 Gobby) on my desktop and on my fridge! haha They are so close to the 700 size it is really only the blades and the 50mm shorter tail that gives it away.... they are the exact same height (at least they look like that in the pic I have of the 2 with the skids matched up.

Lee

You have to remember the 6HV Ultimate isn't a finished project yet. I want it not because of its looks, but because if it flies anything like the Warp, its gonna be the King of 600s. The original 6HV is widely considered to be one of the best 600 already.

Graham Lawrie

I take all your points on board:) but... and for me as new to this, but with an engineering background, i just cant see it! Good features are in every product. As you look around the manufacturers they all seem to add something just so as not to infringe copyright. The Warp 360 when i saw it, the simplicity, beauty and great design....tick, tick, tick all the boxes. Goblin, my what a stunning machine. I may have been spoilt by Align as my first proper heli, but even they have issues, but you just need to look at the head to see the quality of workmanship and design. Is it just subjective?

Hey Graham I think it is subjective.
I know that my old man who has an electric engineers background, does the same thing as you when looking at the machines, but at the same time marvels at the way these things are set up.
He like you, loves the look of the Goblin after i showed him, and the engineering in it just blows his mind.
I don't like the aesthetics of the warp, but love the simplicity of it. For me the skids don't look right (i like things to scale), however the head on it looks awesome, and the stabilisers grab me!
From other research i've done, most of the guys who are competing and doing hardcore 3D, almost none of them fly a standard helicopter. They've all stretched the tail, or done something else to their bird.
I do like the Align heli's, and the cnc machined heads on them.
I hear what you're saying Graham and understand totally

Graham Lawrie

Jonathan, thanks for that:) To me its not negative, just the Engineer coming out:) And you are spot on with your comments. The skids are the downside on asthetics for me, but the reason for them and the break points to save the expensive parts, awsome thought:) I also think when you get good enough to compete and to Lee and Gaba,s standard (to name but two) you then have the knowledge and ability to tweak personal preferances into your build.

I love the diversity that this hobby brings, but the underpinning thing is the love to build and fly. For me the build is better than the flying( as I am rubbish at the moment).

Lee

I have to agree that the Warp skids are too small in relation to the rest of the heli. It was the first thing i noticed.
I agree with you Graham, the building is what i love too. I don't just want a new heli because its the latest and greatest. I want it to have something new to build :)

One thing I am liking about this hobby, is that although i've only built one heli, I really want to build a quality one. It is a buzz, especially to then get it flying. I would like an exotic bird just to have an exotic one, but at the same time just the thrill of building is awesome, and then learning from each build and trouble shooting issues when it doesn't do waht we think it should.
Have helped the old man with his lil mcpx just through what I've learnt on mine.
Planes helis, cars boats, they are all exciting and a huge buzz to build and get working

Top Bottom