Micro The mCPX is HERE!!!

sarconastic

It's here! it's here! it's here!.

I got home today and a big box is on the step. Inside is my MCPX V2 and the DX6i. The MCPX came with 6 batteries and a spare fiberglass canopy. A para-board for the batteries too. The stock canopy is shredded. It has a busted post for the canopy mount and one leg on the landing skid is napped. All stuff the seller made me aware of so no surprises. One pleasant surprise is the aftermarket aluminum swash. It also has the orange o-ring kit installed. Came with 2 extra blades and several spare screws. The factory charger too. Radio came with spektrum rechargeable batteries installed too.

Without doing anything really to it other than attmepting to glue the landing skid. I took it out and did a hover, got it trimmed in a bit and she is so fast I can't believe it. This is friggin awesome. All the FP stuff is going to the boy now. CCPM from now on. LOL. This all without setting up anything. I can tell the pitch is off and the Throttle curve is wrong. And I need to setup the dual rates in the radio. But I am in LOVE with this little bird. Ok gotta go, got more batteries to burn.

20140623_163448.jpgTotally different world with CP feels like starting over. but it will be a blast.

Later

Woody

20140623_163448.jpg

EyeStation

Do your best to make your adjustments with the links and not the sub-trim.
I was once told that subtrims should only be used to keep the servos from drifting.
Remove the motor power wires and tail blades, and throttle up to about 25%. If any servos drift, subtrim them, returning to zero throttle between adjustmernts.
Once that's square, you can subtrim in flight to see how much she needs. But always subtrim back to stem 1 and get as close as possible with link adjustments. One or two clicks subtrim beyond step one is fine for final adjustments. Piro's will show if you are set up right or not. At least it has helped me judge my setup.
The links bend during tough use, so you will have to be good at straightening them up when you clean the servos.
Have fun with this guy. Give yourself some D/R and Expo while starting out, these buggers are quick to respond.

sarconastic

Eyestation, that's what I did when I set everything up finally. It flies amazingly well. I did the setup from Imzzaudae over at helifreak. It was actually fairly close to those settings anyway. just didn't have enough pitch throw percentage. Upped that and a few others and it flies pretty good. It is so quick. I saw the servo arms were bent when I got it. I straightened them out as best I could. Need to replace them I think. I can hover it pretty good and forward and side to side motion ok. Just need some time and a larger area to try anything more.

Tony, The stock one has 3 of the 4 holes, it is busted out on the other side. But one of the posts on the frame was broke off when I got the heli. and I managed to snap another one a little bit ago. So I only have the top two posts now. which work great with this canopy. But I figure I will get a new frame soon and then figure out what I am doing for a canopy. Gonna pick up a frame, landing gear and anything else I think I need on pay day.

I saw the vid you did on those. This one is a very nice fiberglass unit too. I am sure I will be checking those out soon.

I think I will need to invest in some batteries too. these are only getting about 3 minutes max flight time. Is that normal? 250mah Hyperion I think they are.

Thanks

Woody

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, that is about normal on the flight time. 3 minutes is what I have my timer set at. any more than that, and you will start blowing out the tail.

And NexRc also has frames for these. In that video, I mentioned that I had the full aluminum and carbon fiber frame on one of them. It's a GREAT frame. Very strong and the canopy mounts are carbon fiber, not plastic. And the landing skids bolt in (stock ones) so they will not fall out. But no matter what you have a question on, just let us know and we will help. Kevin can be trusted, and may work with you a bit if you tell him that you are from Rc-Help and that I sent you to him. Post up in his section in the marketplace and see what he can do. Worst he can say is no.

sarconastic

Ok make that 3 posts are now missing from my frame lol. Time for a new one. I really want that cf ans Al one but I can't swing $40+ right now for it. Will have to settle for a stocker for now. Might need a couple extras lol. Need to find a way to replace the mounts. Need a small carbon rod and drill it through. Hmmm..... Maybe a heated up paper clip LOL.

Woody

Tony

Staff member
Yup, you can take a 1mm carbon rod and stick it through the frame. Lee has done this, but I can't find the link. Maybe he can link you to what he did.

Derek

That's awesome news about the new helicopter. I want an MCPX BL so bad. It's probably next on my "to-get" list.

sarconastic

I just won an new MCPX chassis with all the hardware except the tail boom. With 2 canopies for $14. Landing Skid, complete Frame, Mainshaft with gear, Servo rods, entire head and new bullet blades. real happy about that auction win. I was going to spend more on a canopy and skids. Now the waiting game begins unless I can figure out how to fix the mounts on the one I got before they get here. guess I will have to fly the 450 til then LOL.

Woody

Tony

Staff member
Dude, if they are in good shape, that is one hell of a score. And you know you want one of those mCP-X canopies lmao. They just look too bad ass. lmao.

sarconastic

lol Fran.

Yeah Tony they are Soooo Kewl LOL. But the stockers are cheap to destroy while I learn. I am actually really surprised at how well this Heli handles considering all the reviews I've read. It is really easy to hover. Quick as hell to get going so you have to check it up but so far so good. I had it last night hovering like it was hanging on a string from under the tree for a couple of minutes. That was before Murankar told me to put it into throttle hold :wink:. Can't wait to try it where I don't have to throttle chase.

WOody

sarconastic

Thought I would share the pic of what I got in that Auction. Everything in the middle is from a new parted out Heli. The canopies are slightly used.
mcpx parts.jpg

Woody

mcpx parts.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Those weighted blades are the way to go. Keep those on there. The 3D blades are OK, but not good enough IMO. And the KBDD blades keep a bend in them. Don't like them at all. The stock weighted blades are the shiznit though. Nice purchase.

Top Bottom