The latest addition

Tony

Staff member
Oh the words that I want to express about that helicopter that can't be posted on this forum!!!!!! Lets just say, that is one sexy beast right there!!! So when do we get a video of it flying?

Lillyryan

Will hopefully get it all set up on the tx tomorrow afternoon. Weather is rubbish here at the moment but hope to be airbourne soon. Looks like i will have the 700 to once he has built his new Logo.
:drools:

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, I was hoping to shoot a couple more videos today and do some flying, but it's raining it's butt off here. No worry though, gave me some time to catch up on some video rendering. Trying to render teh last one now. Then, it's out to the studio to shoot some more videos! This has really become more of a job than a hobby lol. But I still enjoy doing it!

So hurry up and get that nitro beast running. I think I need to work on mine as well. My Nitro that is...

Lillyryan

Yes as soon as she's ready i will post you a video. Just so busy at work at the moment but the good weather will soon be here.
Cant wait to get some flying in. You are doing a grand job with the forum though mate.

Lillyryan

Just realised if I buy the Trex 700 as well I think I need a bigger garage. Lol

If it won't fly put a bigger engine on it!!!

Tony

Staff member
Welcome to my world lol. One of these days, I will have everything I own ready to fly/drive and I will put them all on one video. I think I'm going to need a wider angle lens lmao.

trainrider06

Good lookin bird right there!
Are those Nitro's harder to mess with using the mechanical engine aspect of it? Tuning, and such is that tricky with em?

Tony

Staff member
Yes and no. As with everything, there is a learning curve. Once you figure out what the needles do, and where the sweet spot is for your engine, it's pretty simple. As the humidity changes, you will just know "oh, I need to go 3 clicks lean" or "Oh, this only needs one click rich to run perfect". You can use a temp gun, but using telemetry is so much easier.

trainrider06

Yes and no. As with everything, there is a learning curve. Once you figure out what the needles do, and where the sweet spot is for your engine, it's pretty simple. As the humidity changes, you will just know "oh, I need to go 3 clicks lean" or "Oh, this only needs one click rich to run perfect". You can use a temp gun, but using telemetry is so much easier.

ok good deal! although I have tried not to look at or even consider Nitros....that sure does make me go back to the day's of my Cox dune buggy, and chopper that I had, smellin that nitro, listening to em run.....awe dangit....I gotta stop! I'll be eyeing one of those next! LOL

Tony

Staff member
Even though the liPo batteries are out dating them, they are still a blast to fly. If it wasn't for my headaches that I get with the nitro fumes (which is why you hardly ever see me fly this beast), I would be flying it all the time.

Lillyryan

Yes thats a bummer about the headaches Tony. I just love the nitro birds and like you say once they are tuned up you hardly have to touch them. Its probably more crucial for the 3d pilots as they want the most power they can get but i am happy just to keep them in the air lol. Also just for a few flight packs i can go down to the club and fly all day and if i need to charge up i can do it from the truck with no need for generators, power supplies etc. Also i get about 12 minutes of flight time once they are all tuned up which is great. Where there is smoke i know im still running ha ha.

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, I love the nitro birds and I'm trying to overcome my issues with the headaches. Mind over matter kind of thing. I think I'm going to shoot some videos with teh ikon today on the 450, and once that is done, the ikon is going back on the 600 and I have got to put it in the air. It's just been way too long since it's seen air. Just need to order a new sensor for the governor and hope it works. Might end up putting the AR7200BX on the 600 until I can get the sensor. Oh the fun of nitro lol.

Top Bottom