700 The Flying hippo

finally got the Trex 800 flyingbthe way I want... check out the video from yesterday but ignore the bad language.... we like to take the p##s out of each other at our club...

:thankyou:

Tony

Staff member
That thing is absolutely fantastic! and I LOVE the decal on the side of the canopy lmao. Classic!

Tony/D.O.G
Thanks guys, the story behind the decal was that one of our guys bought a decal vinyl cutter and I designed some stuff for him to design my own blades...
but when I had finished the 800 the weight was unreal so I stick it on as a joke. Unfortunately as I'm s little bit heavy myself it became a self portrait type joke... so we are now all having our own version. Mine just stuck as the Flying Hippo

Tony

Staff member
I was talking about the decal "Now It's A" lmao. Classic after what happened when you purchased that heli.

Yes Tony,
That was preplanned by me for that reason... classic piece of taking the p##s...
A guy on that commented on the rebuild video on YouTube actually flies near to where he lives and has actually met him a few times so I've asked him to introduce the pro pilot to the video

holtneil

Hi Chris love the bird mate did it come with the lights in the skids and tail or did you add them , I hate you guys that flip and roll helis LOL you make it look so easy OMG so smooth Chris

:yourock:

Hi Holtneil,
It came with a very poor version of the lights... which took a while to sort out. If you haven't seen it check out the heli in the state I bought it in. On the channel where the Flying Hippo is there is also a video called Aaron Emptage 800 scam. Check it out for the crap I endured getting it to where it is now...
Not sure if it's a plus or minus but after flying the 800 the way I do I tend to fly my 550 and goblin 570 like 450's which may be expensive if I'm not careful :dizzy:

holtneil

Hi Chris I will check it out you fly really nice Chris , you fly like my best friend Smoggy on here does I need to get some lessons from him but he is 6 hour drive away from me shame really but thats life

Smoggie

Nice Chris! I'm tweaking by Goblin 770 to try to get it to roll and flip a bit quicker as it's noticeably 'lazier' than a 700, do you find the Trex 800 the same?

Smoggie

Hi Chris I will check it out you fly really nice Chris , you fly like my best friend Smoggy on here does I need to get some lessons from him but he is 6 hour drive away from me shame really but thats life
Neil,

Get Phoenix fired up and we can do some flying in the virtual world. Note quite as good as the real thing but better than nothing (plus it's too windy to fly in the real world anyway!)

Smoggie, yes I found the same with the 800. It's still a bit slower than my others but I think the bigger you go the agility gets a little lower... but I'm only running 5volts through the servos. I suppose if I cranked it up to 8.4v and the head speed higher etc it would be agile as hell but it's fine for me as I wouldn't want this size heli being a handful as I'm not a 3D pilot anyway :bolt:

Thanks for the compliments Neil, took a while but you just have to swallow your fear and try a stationary flip first. I did back flips first.. high and out in front to give you time to recover. Then forward flips, then flying backwards to flip etc etc... takes time mate. Just try it but one step at a time

Heliman450

Magic Chris, looks great with the lights. I was thinking of something similar for the future to help with orientation. Keep 'em coming!

Top Bottom