The Eyes Have It

RMB677

Since starting with helis I've had a problem with depth perception, especially at distance, that has been holding my flight progress back. Went to the eye doctor yesterday since I was having difficulty reading with my left eye. The short of it is I've got cataracts. He said its with both eyes with the left being the worse, was suprised I wasn't complainting about them both. I go to have the left corrected in two weeks, the right at a later date. Hope this helps since I've somewhat stagnated on my learning curve.

stokke

Sorry to hear it. You'll definitely need perfect vision if you're gonna live up to your piloting potential. Good luck buddy!

Tony

Staff member
I have the same issue with depth perception. And I have had trouble with my eyes for the last 4 years. I have noticed that I can't read anything upclose or small anymore. I used to be able to read anything. It sucks. One of these days I will take my butt to the doctor and get them fixed.

Best of luck with the "correction".

Lee

I had the same feeling when i started flying. I couldn't take the heli more than 50ft away before my mind would start playing tricks on me as to which way the heli was facing. My eyes would start to water under the strain. But i didn't have cataracts, just nervous. Good luck with the op dude.

Top Bottom