The day before my 450 Crash

Lee

Just remember guys, no one ever crashed with the sky. If you are in doubt as to what the heli is doing, and fear driving it in, take it higher.

Doum066

Just remember guys, no one ever crashed with the sky. If you are in doubt as to what the heli is doing, and fear driving it in, take it higher.

Before i read your reply earlier today... i told myself.. « yeah.. but i'm scared.....» then i asked myself... why being scared of getting higher which you can recover, but fly low with false feeling of security if things happen, not time to recover...

In the evening i went to the flying field... no one was there... perfect time to try circuits.... well i did them higher remembering your advice.... and i felt way more secure, all of sudden, wind changed direction, and got a little stronger... taking my bird a little further a few hundreds feets of me at my 2 oclock... when i saw wind was stronger, i took her a little higher too avoid gust surprises.... had a had time bringiner her nose in, or right aileron, wind was playing tricks on me, i then turned her left side in wind and securely brought her back, finished my circuit, by the time i got her back, timer was starting to beep.... a few days ago, i would had been so much nervous... i'm sure i would have crashed.... but now i gained way much more confident and stop totaly panicking... this post with everyones little words and their own tricks... kinda help me.. :) Damn i love this forum. :) I'm sure soon i'll get my first vid of doing circuits. :)

Ken Jackson

I agree Lee but I'm convinced something broke. Even though that head flew better then any flybar head I've ever had on this bird it was a $20 piece from China. Probably had 4 or 5 different heads on this helicopter, mostly EXI stuff. Anyway the ball links on that thing where the cheapest thing I've ever seen. I will pick my best blade grips out of my collection and I have a brand new set of Align main blade grip bearings in route. I am also putting Align ball links and Align Linkage rods. Its all back together but its time for all new grip bearings. Lol

Ken

Doum066

Hey Ken,

Haven't heard from you for a while, how's your bird going? Have you fixed it?

As for myself, did my 8 first constructive packs tonight, i am now, able to do circuits (simple oval) the width i want them to be, as fast or slow, i guess you can imagine how i am feeling right now :) i am not nervous anymore so far, no matter which way i fly.. i am getting so calm now that i merly crashed, bringing it back circuit i gave too much negative pitch because of sun blinded for a few sec and flew a bit too low, but cool enough to keep it straigh leveling the blade and nose then giving her full positive pitch to gain altitude (let's say i was about two feet over the laboured corn field, if i do this in september i will get mashed corn lol) What happened to me was almost exatly like your crash video, i was sun blinded a few sec and made me get way too low, thank god i had the reflex to give positive pitch when i got dazed instead of panicting like i used to. Weather is supposed to be nice tomorow, so i presume there will be people at the flying field, i might be able to get a vid, i wanted to train while being alone, didn't wanna fly circuits with people around when not used to it or control the turns. Sad you're that far, it would had been fun flying with you. :)

Take care

Ken Jackson

Doum066,

Sounds like your coming along just fine. The biggest improvement I've made and you as well is not to panic. I crashed quite a few times losing my tail orientation, now I just calmly give some rudder input until I find my tail. I do like coming close to the ground in the straightaways but I always climb before banking into a turn. I hear you about flying around people. Seems like the odds of crashing go up higher because you get nervous. I video every flight now. Obviously I think I've posted the most videos, at least in the HD section. Lol.

I recommend everyone to video your flights at least once in a while you will learn something almost every time you play it back.

Take care dude, and keep it in the air, Haha. We are at least in the same hemisphere.

Ken

Top Bottom