General The Club

putang

Well I won't quit nor call it defeat . joining southern NH flying eagles . it is a ways from my home . joined the AMA . and bought a flight simulator. RF8 by horizon hobby. The gentleman that I spoke to on the phone say's that he really doesn't know about graupner transmitters . but he be leaves he knows someone . well more money spent and I hope for the good .

Tony

Staff member
If you are just getting started, and you have a local club that flies the same thing you are flying, it can help you out tremendously. Good luck.

Admiral

A club is always a good move when your starting out, we are here to help when asked if we can, at a club you get instant feed back when you have an issue and sometimes helpful opinions when you don't ask.
Most clubs have instructors available to help you learn, and certify you with the AMA.

putang

what do folk's think of that flight simulator . he told me that it was a good one. he also said that there was 4 accomplished helicopter pilot . and they would like to start a buddy system . like they do with there planes . $75.00 for the AMA, $75.00 for the club . $180.00 for the simulator. wow getting expensive but I don't mind . and if they can't help me with the transmitter then I leaning towards the spectrum . [?] 8 black . what do you think . oh and will always post something stupid or not

murankar

Staff member
I personally have flown rf7.5 and next rc. I like next more than real flight. a preference thing.

As for the purpose of it; I personally only use it to build the muscle memory. That's it nothing more . Now I will play around some but mostly its to keep on top of what I k is already and to learn new stuff. Again I only use it for muscle memory.

Clubs can be a good thing and or a bad thing. Every club is different. Hopefully you got a good one.

putang

Hey murankar nice to here from you . He seemed to be really nice on the phone when I talked to him. Least he was honest about the graupner transmitter . I have the micro beast plus and the ikon2 if I have to change transmitters and receivers. What would you all recommend . I leaning towards spectrum dx6 or the dx8 with appropriate receivers . Who changed the web site back ground you posting of your aircraft in yellow can't be read on my computer ? . As far as the gentleman and the club I won't give them any money un till I meet with them and see what I can of the flying field. Lots of snow still on the ground with ice. And more snow for us tonight. but I will probably join just for the help and the comrardary.

murankar

Staff member
Firstly, the club; visit it a few times and maybe hit up a meeting. Then decide .

Radios, if your dead set on changing up then go with the specktrum dx8 or 9. The DX6 is a great radio but you'll be limited in features because its only 6 channel. Go with the 8 or 9. You'll thank yourself later.

People will bash what they don't know. So unless that person has experience with the brand take their advice in stride. It may not be accurate. Remember its also their opinion at the end of the day.

In regards to radios in general its always better to use what is used at a club. Since you might join a club, get a radio that is like their radios. If they use specktrum then you use spectrum.

With real flight you should have gotten either a radio or a dongle to use with your own radio. Specktrum will work on real flight just fine with the dongle. Most radios will work just fine with real flight except the Vcontrol.

putang

The real flight does come with a controller . And I purchased the dongle. As for the transmitter would only consider changing if no one could help with the one that I have now. So with the beast and Ikon 2 what revivers and satellites would you recommend.

murankar

Staff member
I have never adopted to the mainstream. I have always gone out on my own and spent the time in the product. It took me almost 3 months to learn my th9x after i flashed the open source firmware. No one on here knew it or knew about it.

Its going to have to be your call. If your struggling that hard on the radio then yes I would switch. I would keep it and continue to learn the platform and use the Specktrum ass I wanted. In fact that's how I have my Vcontrol and DX6 right now. My DX6 is here to use but my Vcontrol is my main radio. All I need to do is get a Vbar Neo without the RX in it and attach m,y satellite RX and bam. Maybe once you learn more about radios then go back to the Graupner.

Admiral

I agree with Murankar, but it also depends on your nature, in your situation I would be like a dog with a bone, become obsessed with getting it working properly ( I think Uri is a bit like that as well) but others I know would flog it off and buy something else. Do not stress over it, this is a hobby you should enjoy it, other people are using Graupner and love them, if it is stressing you flog it off and buy a Spektrum.

putang

I agree . but when you get to the point you cannot do it your own then its time to ask for help . Then if that really doesn't work change your approach and come at it in a different way . I will not give up on the graupner and hopefully the gentleman that I talked to does have a connection to some one that does use them then problem solved. It may not be the transmitter it could possibly be me and not setting up the helicopter right . That's why the t rex is still sitting in the box . Afraid if I start messing with it then I will not figure out the thunder tiger .

putang

I will never be afraid to say I need help or that I was wrong that's how I learn. 1 step at a time . and you folks are the part of when I need help that I ask.

Admiral

I wish there was more that we could do for you with the Graupner, but any advise we give without really knowing the Radio could do more harm than good. Hopefully your local man can help.

putang

It just doesn't seem to have a big fan base where I have been searching .And I am sure there are lots of people here in the USA using it . but it seem spectrum is favored . its nice to watch Tony's videos and have something to relate to .

Top Bottom