General Thanks Tony.( Vids) and a question

Icehunter

Well you may remember me asking questions last year about setting up the AR7200BX unit. Well I ended up buying 4 of them,finally got around to trying one out. I watched your videos on them and gave it a shot. If I had known that they were that easy to set one up I would have done them a year ago!! Your vids were a great help and made it a breeze. I have only been able to hover in the shop with the first heli,cause a extra 20 inches of wet snow just in April, along with about 10 inches of rain has made flying outside a impossibility. An of course ,in May now..its rained just about everyday where I live.
In your setup video ( the first one) you weren't sure what the 140 degree 1=1 picture was or what it covered. That would be step H in the ar7200 set up. Ever find out what it was?

Tony

Staff member
Welcome back! And to be honest, I have not even looked into it lol. Got busy with other projects lmao.

Geena

Staff member
The type 140° (1:1) is the most common type of "140° degrees" swashplates. Often it is also considered as 135° swashplate! There is no uniform designation for this type of swash mixing. The main idea with this type of swash is to have an equal servo ratio on the elevator axis. If this is the case on your helicopter (elevator and aileron servos are moving the same distance when steering elevator) then choose this type, no matter whether it‘s called 135° or 140° swashplate. You can find this type of swashplate for example on Shape, JR and Hirobo helicopters.

Most helicopters use 120 degree swash plates, so that`s most likely the one you`ll want to choose. But make sure you refer to your helicopter`s manual before you select the swash mixer...just to make sure.

Tony

Staff member
Well there you go. still not 100% sure what the 1:1 is, but I will roll with what Geena just stated lol.

Top Bottom