Testing Picture Uploads

Rc-Help

I'm using this thread to try and figure out why members are having issues uploading pictures. this thread will be deleted when I find the issue. Feel free to try and upload pics and let me know if you have issues.

Tony

Staff member
I have tried to upload a file, and finally was able to replicate the error. Seems there is a server issue and I need to reset a table. Now I have to find the table and this should be resolved. I will let you know.

Morelight

Fearless Freep
Tony, the picture I posted earlier with the Tx problem with Phoenix. I couldn't use the regular upload method, I had to select the basic "choose file from computer and upload", and that worked. The primary method I got the exclamation mark after I thought the picture uploaded.

Hope this helps.

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, that is the same thing that I was able to replicate. As stated, I'm working on the issue and I also have some tecs looking into it as well to see who can get it fixed the quickest. I will update when it's fixed.

Tony

Staff member
It is quite weird that I can upload them as an admin, but not as a registered user. There is nothing different on the upload settings...

This file is almost 4mb in size
IMG_5026.jpg

IMG_5026.jpg

Morelight

Fearless Freep
It may have something to do with your God privileges Tony. Although Lee as a super mod shouldn't have problems either. Maybe its a cookie thing, but that is probably irrelevant.

Since this thread is soon to be dead, I am shamefully changing the topic quickly. I am finally getting to fly in idle up, and when inverted, besides the whole backwards control:moody: thing, is it normal to have trouble staying in an inverted hover even with the mcpx? The heli's want to roll to either side pretty quickly, especially my left side. No hands off possible yet. :moody:

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
I just tried the uploader and it did not work on Firefox 11.0.
Firefox 11.0 with basic up loader worked.
youngsan1-wallpaper.jpg

Just tried IE 9 and it worked. Seoul Tower, South Korea
youngsan1-wallpaper.jpg

Just tried chrome and it failed.
Chrome (18.0.1025.162) worked with basic up laoder
youngsan1-wallpaper.jpg
Opera failed.
Just did an update on Opera to 11.62, then selected basic up loader and viola.
youngsan1-wallpaper.jpg

Safari failed also.
Safari with basic up loader worked.
youngsan1-wallpaper.jpg

All were tried on Win7.

So far I am leaning towards programming. There might be a cross browser compatibility issue in the code. Just a guess.

--------------------
My newest guess is that the code for the default up loader is broke. I just used all the browsers on win7 standard X64 with the basic up loader and they all worked. So that narrows the problem down quite a bit. Have who ever look at the default up loader and see if they can find a coding issue.

youngsan1-wallpaper.jpg

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
That's a first, something works in IE9 and not in FF lmao. Maybe that is why I didn't have the issue when I uploaded them earlier. I was on IE and not FF. Cool deal, still looking...

murankar

Staff member
Not a problem. I am "stuck on post" for another 4 hours. at 0900 I will be up for almost 30 hours. starting to feel it.

Tony

Staff member
What post? I don't get updates on edits and this morning, don't exactly have the time to search for it.

Tony

Staff member
Okay cool. Yeah I knew it would work with the basic uploader, it's just a pain. I have two different companies working on the issue and someone has to have a solution. I have granted access to places on the server that I have never granted access before just to get this resolved. Because I use IE9, I never would have known this issue existed if it were not for the members. Thanks again.

Adam

One thing that i have noticed since I started the hobby is on this forum I dont need to pay extra for an forum app on my phone. I dont know computers but I just thought i would throw that in there. All other forums i cant even see on my phone without this app which i don't have and don't need thanks to rc help.

Tony

Staff member
What app are you talking about, Tapatalk? I have it on the forum, and if you log onto the forum with your phone it may prompt you to download it, but it's not required. I have it on my phone, but hardly use it. There is a free tapatalk app as well, but you can't post using the free version. I am thinking about installing a new software that will allow anyone with a smartphone to browse the forum with ease and not slow them down with all of the fluff that you don't notice with a computer. It will only get better from here!

Top Bottom