Test of Hat Cam

Marc

So while I was out with the family yesterday we went through Sears. I managed to find a video camera on clearance and with all discounts ended up costing $30. This is the first test of mounting that camera on a ball cap. Video quality at night isn't very good.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7HPfW5INE7I?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here's the one I did this morning...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hDll24b_TV4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Later today I hope to get to the field and try it out with the MiniTitan if the wind slows down.

It does look kinda funny sitting on the end of the hat. My wife couldn't stop laughing when I was trying it on.

DSC_2551.jpg

DSC_2551.jpg

Tony

Staff member
You say the night is not that great, but that is actually quite good for such a cheap camera. It's less than the #11 Keychain cam, and a better picture quality I think. And you are owning that mcpx lmao. Looks like it's flying great for ya. And love the orange blades :thumbsup:

Tony

Staff member
I'm sure they are Lee. I was going to purchase some when I got my parts, but the LHS doesn't stock them.

Marc

Yep they are KBDD blades. While I was in Chesapeake, VA I looked up a local hobby shop and they had about a dozen of them. I got a pair of green ones too, but I like the oranges better.

Thanks guys, I've definitely gotten a little better handling the mCPx outside, part of that though has to be this radio. I've even been able to hover nose in now, even with my MiniTitan. The DX8 is just awesome. Maybe tomorrow there will be less wind and I can get a good video up.

Morelight

Fearless Freep
lol the picture of the hat cam.. but stylish. nothing wrong with those pictures Marc. Nice flying in the wind there. Looked like you were getting some eddy's around the buildings that were messing with the bird. Those blades are nice on the eyes for sure

Top Bottom