Videos Test FPV video

WyDiablo

Test video of the AMP2814 motors. Looks like I have some vibs and a little bit of jello now since the motor change over. Still trying to figure out whats making that funny sound. Sounds kinda like playing cards in the spokes of a bicycle wheel. Seems that every time I hear that noise in the video I also see some vibs. I may have a prop that needs balancing I"m using 11"x5 pitch carbon fiber props. I"d be grateful for any and all suggestions. Thanks guys

youtubetest1 - YouTube

Tony

Staff member
Make sure the camera is secure. and when you think it's secure, make the strap or whatever is holding it just a little tighter. The tighter you can mount the camera to the aircraft, the less vibes you will see in your video.

Stambo

Definitely sounds like a prop balance issue, mine sounded a bit like that until I worked on getting the balance right.
Anything that is not quite tight enough will make noise from prop vibrations.
If you don't have a prop balancer, or even if you do but they still seem not quite right, check this out.
I did this for the V949 but it also worked on my 450 quad.
Takes a bit of guess work initially but the more you do it the better you get.

Balance V949 Blades with a Laser - YouTube

- - - Updated - - -

This method balances them on the quad so any irregularities caused by a prop fitting not quite right are accounted for.
Made a huge difference to both my V949 and my 450.

Lee

I was thinking the same as Tony. It may be just the way your camera is mounted. Make sure its not touching any part of the frame, you have good vibration padding between it and the camera and its strapped down well.
Balancing the props will help, but for me unless they are really bad props, it shouldn't make a huge difference. If you look at my recent tree flying quad race video, it looks pretty smooth i would say. These props have never been balanced and have huge chucks missing from them.

WyDiablo

Well the vibs and the little bit of jello I can get rid of pretty much. Its just that weird sound that it was making that has me wondering. I"m will take all the props off and do a rebalance this afternoon after work. I do have a nice prop balancer its the magnetic type.

Top Bottom