Technology !

treff

It seems to me with the advancement of technology we are not to far from the day of the un-crashable rc helicopter.
I have been searching the net for fbl system and looking at all the techno that going into these very small units
it is only a matter of time before a pyro switch is included. We have self righting bail out, next week the perfect
3D. Wonder what others think?

Lee

Soon they will take over the world Treff. The Goblin master and his Align minions destroying the remnants of humanity :D

Stambo

It seems to me with the advancement of technology we are not to far from the day of the un-crashable rc helicopter.
I have been searching the net for fbl system and looking at all the techno that going into these very small units
it is only a matter of time before a pyro switch is included. We have self righting bail out, next week the perfect
3D. Wonder what others think?

While things are built by man and flown by man, man will find a way to crash.
Either by poor workmanship, poor cheap parts or poor operation.
I don't foresee a future with uncrashable helis.
Besides where is the challenge if it does happen.
At the moment those who can fly a CP heli are a select few when compared to the major populace.
Not so much fun if "Anyone can do it" is there. :)

Derek

I've seen some pretty impressive videos of rc heli's with that Helicommand unit. Very cool!!!

Stambo

No matter how "smart" the electronics get, things can break.
Batteries, ESCs, motors, all sorts of linkages, props, no matter what causes it, gravity wins in the end. :)

Derek

ha! Truer words have never been spoken.....gravity wins in the end...lol..for sure!!!

stokke

This has been discussed before - but I'll say it again; with all the new gadgets they are taking the "skill" out of the hobby. It's sad really. On the other hand, I love the self-level on my iKon - a great feature for when learning new moves.

But when the day comes that your model performs an automated piro flip with a flick of a button - I'll be a sad sad boy...

Top Bottom