Techanical Mechanical Test Field II (TMTFII). Anyone Taken The Test?

cml001

well... to each his own I guess... lol.. I wish you the best of luck with your endeavor tomorrow. im gonna call it a night.. 2 days of 12hr shift work plus im still sick get'n over the flu, thought I was get'n better and played hard this weekend... should have took it easy.... neeee... had a good time, but... last night I found I cant talk, my voice is gone... wife and kids r happy.. lol... anyhow im a bit tired and ive been on here more this week than my 17yr old daughter has been on facebook... we rc guys are serious crackheads with this stuff... lol... night fellas

Tony

Staff member
It's killing you huh? Guess you are a dead man lmao.

Okay, so I show up at the facility, and this place is not that small. I ended up going to the wrong building (14201, I was supposed to be at 14101) and walking in 9ºF weather SUCKS!!! So I find where I'm supposed to go, and there are others already there. They said park next to the oklahoma flag, but the flag that is next to the door is the american flag. Yup, could be a sign of things to come...

So we get called in and told (you can't repeat any of this, blah blah :blahblah:

Upon starting the test, it was pretty simple. You have 50 minutes for 50 questions, which is no secret, I already knew that. She said that we would have a 1 minute warning when the test was about over.

So the test begins and I'm breezing right through it. Most questions are as simple as rubbing two brain cells together and finding the answer. There were 4 however that had me stumped for a minute. I just picked the answer that I "thought" it was, and if I had time, I would go back and double check them. The first was a wiring diagram where you were given 5 wires on the left, a description of what the wires do and do not do cross and so on, and you have to figure out where the wires go. Wasn't sure on this one.

The next ones had an explanation that there were 127 possible connections and each connection could be tested by jumping different sections of the connection. This one had me stumped for a while, then I realized it was binary, and once I realized that, I blew right through it.

Most of the questions were pretty simple if you thought logically. I'm sure people over think it way too much and fail. Once I was done with the test, I went back and checked the 3 or 4 questions that I was not sure of, and found 2 of them were wrong. But I didn't want to spend a lot of time on them since I only had 1 minute per question. But, I was able to go back and fix the errors.

The conclusion,

Qualified :yahoo:

It's a small victory, but still a victory.

It was funny as hell in there though and it took everything I had to keep from laughing. On the wiring question and the binary questions, I could hear people cussing, sighing and moving around lol. I knew exactly where the others were during the test just by the noises that they made.

Remember that one minute warning... Yeah, she comes in after the timer goes off and said "TEST IS OVER, CLOSE YOUR BOOKS" AND 3 or 4 or the people started bitching. I'm sure it was the ones that didn't make it lol. I could care less, I was twirling my pencil for a while by the time that time limit hit.

But in the end, this test is passed. It's only step 1 of the process, but it's one step closer to being away from where I am stuck now.

Tony

Staff member
As stated, it's a small victory. If I'm hired, there is still two months of training before I can actually begin work.

murankar

Staff member
Its still a win and a step closer. Next should be an interview or another test.

I took this one test for a company that was situational based. There was 5 of us and a survival scenario. The 4 that were with me did not want to participate so I took charge (being fresh out of the marine corps). Needless to say I did not get the job but will try again.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Tony

Staff member
Just received the email, and I'm scheduled for more testing and the interview tomorrow at 10:00 am. Guess I'm calling in for yet another day.

murankar

Staff member
Looking good. I think this would be the last written test. All the other tests should be the interviews.

That first test is a logic test the next one should a test based on the job you are going for. Most real employers do this kind of weeding out. I did I recruiting, my first question was "what is 10% OF 110?", and "Spell chaos?". If they got any of those wrong then I said have a nice day.

Anyhow good luck tomorrow.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Tony

Staff member
As fast as they are scheduling these things, I could be shooting myself in the foot when it comes to my current job. I'm having to call in to make these appointments. So I'm going to need all the luck that I can get.

Tony

Staff member
I hope it's enough lol. We are supposed to get another 3" of snow before I leave for the next test... Not fun...

Well we be parading in the streets of seattle with 800,000 people! I'll tell em all to pray for ya! Lol

- - - Updated - - -

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!! What fun. (Sorry for the inappropriate content here)

mechanic20

Hey, do you know anything about the TMT-III ? I guess they no longer have the TMT-II because I could only find their TMT-III guide but it has only like three questions and they're really easy..

Tony

Staff member
Unfortunately no. I never went past the interview after the test. And I'm not in that field currently. Seems they want robots to work for them instead of people that actually know what they are doing.

Blade_flyer

Tony, check this site: http://www.quora.com/Aptitude-Tests/What-should-I-study-to-do-well-on-the-AT-T-Field-Technician-Test-TMT-FII

It looks like a standard problem solving test, typical to items on ASVAB military tests. Very generic questions that test problem solving abilities. I don't think you will see anything that would throw you off.

- - - Updated - - -

Tony, check this site: http://www.quora.com/Aptitude-Tests/What-should-I-study-to-do-well-on-the-AT-T-Field-Technician-Test-TMT-FII

It looks like a standard problem solving test, typical to items on ASVAB military tests. Very generic questions that test problem solving abilities. I don't think you will see anything that would throw you off.

Nevermind! I just realized that this was an old post! Story of my life...A day late and a dollar short!

Top Bottom