Team Losi 22 SCT Unboxing

Tony

Staff member
You all have waited for this, and here it is. The Unboxing of the Team Losi 22 SCT (Short Course Truck)

For a few years now, I have wanted to get back into racing. I had went to the local track (about 35 minutes from my house) a year or so ago and wanted to see about getting back into it. Well nothing panned out of that one and I never went back. But I did get some information. Seems that the SCT's were the hot ticket that everyone was running. I didn't like the SCT's, and I think that led to me not really going back.

Well the other day I went back again. This time, I knew that I needed to leave with something. I needed to get back into racing. Rc-Help is about helping everyone, not just those with aircraft. So I went to the track and started asking questions.

Yet again, the SCT's were the hot ticket. More surprisingly, they are running them indoors on concrete and they have put jumps in. They are also running an oval and the hot ticket there is the Sprint Cars. Since the SCT's have more people racing them, I decided to go with one of those. But what one...

After about an hour of thinking about it, I had it narrowed down to the Losi SCT. But, did I want the RTC (Ready To Compete) or a Kit? 2WD or 4WD. Yup, time to start talking to some racers. Turns out all of the novice and sportsman drivers are running 4WD, or the SCTE. All of the top drivers are running the SCT 2WD trucks. This let me to my final decision. I was a pretty good driver when I quit racing, and I really don't want to be getting run over on the track by a novice driver. So the Team Losi 22 SCT it was.

I didn't want the RTC kit because the motor was not big enough, the steering servo was not fast enough and so on. So I picked up the kit version, and I'm glad I did.

Below is the unboxing of the Team Losi 22 SCT. This is just a short overview video of the truck. Next week, we will get into the build of the chassis. In the weeks after that, we will get into the build of the transmission and finally the shocks. I say finally because that is as far as I have gotten on the truck at this time. I'm trying to get some more money so that I can complete the build in the next couple weeks so that I can do the setup and get out and do some practicing with the truck.

If you have built or raced one of these trucks, post up and let me know what you think of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q9Vt8SoEf0

Derek

That video was really well done, Tony! I'm looking forward to seeing the build process of the SCT.

Slobberdog

Dude that takes me back a few years, hell that takes me back 22+ and darn it I miss that stuff. Finished racing using a Team Losi RC10 buggy, man that thing cost me a pretty penny, and went like stink, but I loved ever minute of it,

Tony

Staff member
Um, the Rc10 buggy was made by Team Associated. But yes, I miss it and have to get back into it. It just sucks that I have to give up one thing to get into another.

Slobberdog

Your right Tony, always got the two mixed up even back then, also used a Schumacher 10 th scale 4wd buggy that was awesome.

Tony

Staff member
The 3.0 is an 1/8th scale though. This truck is a 1/10th scale. The 3.0 is also a nitro buggy 4wd and this SCT is a 2wd truck. I wish they still raced 1/8th scale buggies at my track, but they don't.

Sparse

yes i know i thought i would mention it cause i know you like buggies. they race alot of sct at my track. next season i will shoot some videos. I still got my 2.0 LOL yeah baby. paint the sky and burn nitro on the track. Its the best.:positive:

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, I miss nitro, but with winter coming along, it's time to race indoors. No nitro inside lol. I'm hoping things are changing for the better here and that I can get everything I need to get it on the track this weekend. It's wishful thinking, but I'm hoping.

EyeStation

Here's our local Indoor/Outdoor Off Road and Outdoor Asphalt On-Road track. We get a few of the bigger national races out there. I try to Sling my Durango DESC410, HPI Blitz and Losi SCB on the outdoor track, but it's just too big for my indoor setup. That's where the X-Ray T3, and 3Racing F1-09 come in to play on the tarmac.
http://leisurehoursraceway.com/
Where is the track you are racing this thing at Tony?

Tony

Staff member
That is a much larger and nicer facility than I race on. I will be racing at Competition Rc in OKC (might be moore OK, not sure). Address is 100 SE 89th St in one of those two cities. Will be heading up there today to see about some parts. I'm itching to get racing again.

EyeStation

[video=youtube_share;LTDInHrPi6Q]http://youtu.be/LTDInHrPi6Q[/video]

That looks wild. I don't see much slime on the floor. What are they running for tires and what they using for traction sauce?

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Sam, I will try to take some video when I start racing.

I'm not sure what they are running for tires on these cars, but on the SCT's, they are running dirt tires. Seems to be a good balance of slip and traction. As for what they use on the concrete to gain traction... They use WD-40!

concept30

wow I finally get to see Tony, you look like your 18, i use to go to races with my friend here and we went to alot of race tracks they had elec and nitro races inside and out they even had nitro races indoors, even 12 year kids with 1/10 buggys was geting into races, i have a hpi drift car im thinking of upgradeing to a big brushless motor to make it fast, i dont go to races anymore, I just like to have fun with RC stuff.

Tony

Staff member
18? Not even close hahaha.

Ground Pounders are a lot of fun. Just took this truck out for it's first track test yesterday. It's a handful to say the least.

wolfman76

Thanks for the video Tony good to finally put a face to the voice. ... you got me looking at team Losi nitro 4wd sct so i can have something to mess with this winter. ... Sadly it does not come in kit form. ... I am definitely getting one just matter of when i get the cash and when on a good note I should be starting now job soon after i get it I will definitely do video off lighting install and performance upgrades. .... can't wait to see some video of this truck. ..

Top Bottom