Team Losi 22 SCT Build

Tony

Staff member
Here it the build of the Team Losi 22SCT. If you have any questions, all you have to do is ask.

For some reason, this video is starting at 3:32. Make sure to start from the beginning. Not sure why this is happening.

http://youtu.be/Ufnrw_fKKs0?t=1s

murankar

Staff member
Great video! When is the tranny and shocks be available?

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Tony

Staff member
Transmission will be available next friday, and the shocks the friday after that.

Tony

Staff member
It's not done yet. I'm still trying to figure out what paint scheme I want to use on it. I know my colors, I just don't know how I want to do them. I know just the paint to do this truck is going to run me about $60. So it's going to be a while. I had planned on racing this weekend, but I wasn't able to come up with the $140 for my transponder and race fees.

murankar

Staff member
Have you broke it in yet? Don't want to go into a race blind.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Tony

Staff member
Yes, I have taken it to the track and made a few laps with it. It has too much bite and I need to free the front end up a lot. Just going to take time.

Tony

Staff member
If this was a touring car, you would be correct. However, this truck has a high CoG so any time I go around a hair pin turn, it flips. I need it to slide or "push" a little going into those turns. Just takes tuning. Hoping to get back to the track next weekend, but it's not looking promising.

Tony

Staff member
Yup, it's all about the setup. Different springs, different shock oil, different shock pistons, different kick up, different camber and so on. I will get it dialed in.

concept30

my old friend does what you or what alot of people do, is never practice at there place before a big race, now if i raced i would practice and practice.

Tony

Staff member
I practice a lot more than I race. I don't like to be surprised when I get on the track.

Hey tony,
just caught this thread, been away for a bit!
Nice looking truck man!!
Keen to see how you set it up for a bit more slide and a little less bite!
I have to get mine out to the track, but I think I'm having similar issues to you, and would like to see how to overcome it! Good to see you having a bit of fun with a ground pounder again ;)

Tony

Staff member
More than likely, I'm just going to make the suspension a little more stiff to keep it from rolling as much in the turns. I'm also going to be adding sway bars to it. That should be enough to reduce the traction in a turn to keep it from tipping over.

Ok i have the sway bars, so I'll need to do the shocks....
I think my problem is also the need to slow down a bit going into a corner haha
At least some extra ideas for me to think about to help get it all set up and sweet

Tony

Staff member
There are no really big jumps. The impressive ones are on the outside track, but that is shut down until March of next year. And I do have some video of practicing. Just need to get it uploaded. I should be able to do that after the electronics install video is made public.

Top Bottom