Videos TBS Caipirinha FPV Maiden

Tasajara

This is my first FPV / Maiden flight with my TBS Caipirinha
Had to use a 7" prop because the timing was set to high on my esc.
I have an 8"x5" Graupner I will use next time out when I set my timing to Med or Low.
This will drop the temp in the motor a bit.

[video=youtube_share;WUi5p55Qo_O]http://youtu.be/WUi5p55Qo_O[/video]

Last edited:

Tasajara

Did a little adjusting today on my Plane.. Lowered the timing and went up an inch on the prop.
From the 7x5 APC to a 8x5 Graupner. Also changed my FPV camera to angle down a bit more so I
can get a better idea of how close I am to the ground... Was wanting to do some really low flying.
Should be good weather this weekend and will try it out.

WyDiablo

Very nice video but the moving side to side sure makes me dizzy lololol. I guess its much better if you are the one doing the FPV flying ya kinda get use to that stuff lololol.

Karubah

Looking good. I wonder if you put a flight controller on it if it would stabilize the plane a bit and make the video smoother. Just about to head out the door and fly the penquin with the gopro mounted. I hope it turns out as good as yours but will only be line of sight.

Tasajara

it is just a little wing wobble from moving to slow. I changed out the motor and I think it helped a bit.
i need to edit the new video, I had a good crash.
I did a few rolls and was flying inverted when pulled full up one elevon came up farther than the other.
Boy did that screw me up. I was pointed at the ground but I did know which way was up because it rotated more one direction than the other.
Anyway I just made a small crack a little CA and some welders, ready to go again.
I fixed the throw to closer to even and turned the end points down a bit.
Will try it out Sunday and see how it does.

Oh yeah I had more than one that day. I had flipped my fpv camera on the plane, so went into the menu and flipped the picture.
That was fine for vertical but I forgot to flip the horizontal. That made My left right and right left. Try to fly a plane FPV with the controls reversed from your stick inputs
It was bad, really bad LOL landed in high grass, minor damage again. I should make a crash compilation video. I also had a quad crash too...
One ESC died at 200' up, nothing but a tumble to the ground. I broke two booms. Being they are 5/8 hardwood $2.00 fix. Funny thing was I didn't even break a prop.

Last edited:
Top Bottom