450 Tarot Zyx-s2 3-axis Gyro Vs Mini Kbar

k8idx

That could be. All will be told when I look with the scope. The bec is running on 15 volts putting out 6 volts and it's a Castle 10 amp BEC. It still could be what you say. The weird thing is it only happens on channel 3. It's like the collector on the output transistor is weak. I wish I had a schematic. No chance of that unless I decide to trace it out and I'm not that energetic. It wouldn't help anyway. I'll take a look at the BEC later.

ChopDrifter

Yes there are work arounds for the power issue on the MIni V. The only time this is an issue is with power hungry servos. Keep in mind "POWER HUNGRY SERVOS" , not all servos are power hungry. Savox and BK servos are known power hungry servos.

As for confusion; I dont think I am confused as to what I am saying. I know what I have heard about the problem.

Look I am not trying to agrue with you over this. All i know is that the mini V has known issues and all I am trying to do is bring awareness about the issue.

This is true, it's not just satellites, I've seen other systems have a brown out. Best to have a cap for insurance. Not all Power trains are the same.

It's a known mini vbar thang.

ChopDrifter

I am about to shoot a review video on the below gyro. It is a BeastX clone and if you run Spektrum, I'm trying to get my hands on an adapter to only use a satellite receiver. From what I hear, it is fantastic, and is the size of the 3GX which means it will fit inside the frame of a Pro Align helicopter.

TGZ380 3 Axis Gyro Flybarless System for Align T-REX RC Helicopter

How did you go with this gyro? Some say there are QC issues. So it's a hit or miss. You can get one to work or you can't. Easy to use if it works well.

ChopDrifter

just a couple of my vbar gyros that i use, there's more by they are on my helis.

Attachments

• Vbar Variants.jpg
    Vbar Variants.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 5

k8idx

I finally got back to my heli today and still have this tail problem to solve. I decided to upload two pictures of the tail pitch control arm at its maximum throws. Does this look normal to you? It looks very short to me, and compared to my trex clone it's about half of the throw.

DSC_2329-800x600.jpg

DSC_2330-800x600.jpg

Tony

Staff member
It almost looks like the plastic links are a little short. This will increase blade pitch for nose left, but reduce it for nose right where you need it. With the longer links, you will be able to keep pitch on the blades so counter the main rotor and have the same throw right and left.

What kit is this? Can you post a link?

k8idx

Do you mean the plastic links between the pitch slider and the blade grips? I have to admit they do look kindof small. This is the Gartt 450l kit direct from Gartt. You probably already know this but it's supposed to be identical to the HK Assault heli. I looked at the exploded diagram for the HK model and the links look very similar. So do you think the pitch arm throw looks less then usual? I guess it's almost 45 degrees but it's very difficult to get a protractor in there to measure it. I have the ball on the servo arm in the inner most hole. I'm also using the shortest arm. It still doesn't leave much travel at the servo reducing the servo's resolution. I don't understand why it would designed that way. I would think you would want as much resolution from the servo as you can get.

Tony

Staff member
If this is how it was new, then that is likely what they want to run. I would just set it up and see what if flies like. Just take it easy on that first flight.

k8idx

Okay I'm going to do exactly that. I'll just play with the servo arm position until I get the throws as close to equal as I can and see how it flies. I really don't understand using so little of the servo's potential. It's probably less than half. My guess is you're right and it will fly just fine. Now to come up with a really good weather prayer. Thanks for the help.

Smoggie

Looks ok to me. You need a bit more pitch for nose right because the tail is having to work against reaction torque from the main rotor. Looks like they have designed this differential into the linkage which is standard on many Trex tails.

Tony.. the pictures are looking from below, so it's showing more nose right pitch than nose left.

Top Bottom