450 Tarot zyx gyro digtal servos chattering

david clancy

hi wise ones, I am in the middle of building my first 450 electric helicopter, and have got to the the stage of connecting the FBL gyro to the servos. I am using 3DPRO s410MG digital servos for the swash connections and keep getting a lot of chatter with them. I set the Tarot ZXY-S with the NZ software and at first set the servos to digital (looked at the spec on the web for the correct settings), but have changed them to none digital and they seem to have stopped the chattering. Using a YEP 45A ESC and all is good with that. What m I missing guys. :apthy:

Tony

Staff member
Digital servos make a lot of noise. They are running at over 200hz whereas the analog servos are only running at about 50hz. As long as they are not getting hot, you will be fine.

david clancy

Digital servos make a lot of noise. They are running at over 200hz whereas the analog servos are only running at about 50hz. As long as they are not getting hot, you will be fine.

Hi and thanks for the advice. The servos are moving with no input and everything is still, no gyro movement.

Thanks

Tony

Staff member
Ah, I thought they were just chattering and making noise. In that case, I do suggest what Stokke stated and get some Align servos. This could be something as simple as the wrong band set in the gyro, or it could just be cheap servos which has bit me in the butt here lately.

david clancy

Ah, I thought they were just chattering and making noise. In that case, I do suggest what Stokke stated and get some Align servos. This could be something as simple as the wrong band set in the gyro, or it could just be cheap servos which has bit me in the butt here lately.

seems they are fine when connected direct to the rx. got me stumped I will have to look at the settings in the gyro again. but any help will be appreciated.

murankar

Staff member
Recheck your servo ratings and make sure the gyro is set for that. You may have a setting that did not take.

david clancy

Hi guys think I got it sorted On closer examination I picked up the analog servos instead of the digital ones. Bit of a senior moment sorry. All good now,thanks for the help guys

Tony

Staff member
ah, that would do it. Good catch. That would have burnt them up if you left it like that.

Top Bottom