450 Tarot ZYX Gyro acting weird

DAL2855

Banned
I attempted to do some spool ups today and along with blade tracking and cannot for the life of me figure out why the gyro is inputing full left aileron when I almost reach mid stick position in the spool up. Anyone ever had this issue before?

Tony

Staff member
Could be anything from vibration to a bad servo or even a bad gyro. If you can update those, I would try to update it and go through all of the programming again.

DAL2855

Banned
I have already updated the firmware to 4.01 and it was working fine until today. And the unit is brand new only been spooled up a few times and flown like twice is all the time it has on it so I'd be more likely to believe it's a bad servo if anything is bad.

Lee

Occasionally units can loose there setting. Try going through the set up again and see if it helps.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
+1 to both. Redo the settings once.. Abd check with motor disconnected if this is happening still

If it is.. What gyro tape you using under the gyro?

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

DAL2855

Banned
Using the 3M mounting tape coolgabsi double sided! Am going to attempt a spool up when I get home with the blades removed and see how it reacts before I do anything else to try to troubleshoot this issue!

taizi

ive had to re-do my settings a few times because sometimes while you have it hooked up to the computer the cable loses connection and what your changing doesnt actually change, its best to recheck everything even if it means changing the setup parameters

also check the position of the unit as i have seen something about earthing the unit itself because when the frequency of the esc and motor builds up it causes the swash to tilt, i saw this in a vid once, try spooling up with the heli held down and watch to see if the swash moves, if it does try earthing the unit, it may or may not help

in my experience though it is just the setup cable shorting and losing conection half way through setting up

taizi

i only saw it once on youtube but attaching a wire to the metal of the unit and then to an earth point on the frame somewhere away from the esc and motor, i know it sounds strange but it appeared to work
in the vid some guy had a swash tilting problem on the bench but when he touched a wire to the unit the swash levelled again, it seemed to be the RF pulse from the motor, because the unit is supposed to be at least 2 inches away from the esc and motor but on some models its immpossible to get it that far away, maybe im joining dots where there arent any but if all else fails it worth a shot

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
i only saw it once on youtube but attaching a wire to the metal of the unit and then to an earth point on the frame somewhere away from the esc and motor, i know it sounds strange but it appeared to work
in the vid some guy had a swash tilting problem on the bench but when he touched a wire to the unit the swash levelled again, it seemed to be the RF pulse from the motor, because the unit is supposed to be at least 2 inches away from the esc and motor but on some models its immpossible to get it that far away, maybe im joining dots where there arent any but if all else fails it worth a shot

Taizi, over in this part if the world we call that grounding the unit to the frame! Lol. It's funny how in differant parts of the world the same action is totally differant in wording!

taizi

yeah thats true, in the UK you have live, neutral, earth and earth is always green/yellow, but we do also say to "ground" something,

Westy

LEGEND
We call it earthing down here in the South :) we also have 3 wire electrical either Red (Phase) Black (nuetral) and green(Earth) or Brown(Phase) Blue(nuetral) and yellow/green stripes(Earth)

Top Bottom