450 Tarot zyx flybarless system

heli-maniac

any one used one and know if they are any good
going to buy a Align 450 pro and was thinking of a flybarless
or should i just buy a fly bar style seeing ho im still learning but this is for after i get better

Tony

Staff member
It depends on who you talk to, but some will say the FB is better, some say the FBL is better for beginners. I think FBL is better because of the extra gyros and is what I'm going to when I order my next heli. It's going to be a while, but I will get there. I would say it's up to you. Gaba is running the zyx controller and he likes it. Me, I'm going with teh 3GX gyro that comes with the Align kits.

heli-maniac

well i was looking in to it and the 3gx looks better of cores
Tarot makes some nice stuff from what i see and was just thinking why pay for the name but align seems to stand out over the rest
i put a Tarot rotor head on the rebuild hk 450 pro im working on and man what a diferance

Tony

Staff member
I think it all depends on how deep your pockets are. From what I have read, the 3GX is a lot better than the ZYX, but for the money you can't beat the ZYX. Just don't forget to get the program card or cable.

heli-maniac

well my pockets are not deep i just sold off most of my 450s that i had and my solo pro 180
so thats why i was kicking it around on buying the align 450 pro flybarless

heli-maniac

well i got a align 450 pro 3gx kit on the way
im going with a align 3g flybarless system
all align servos 3 ds420 and a ds 520
align 450mx motor
the only thing not align is the esc it will be a sky walker or a rcx that i already have
so cant wait to start 0n this one will have most of it by the weekend i hope .
now
if the wind would calm down i would get out and do some flying

Lee

Did you read the thread i just did on my 500? The tarot head and ZYX unit is awesome. I did nothing to mine and it flew almost perfect out of the box. I have not heard many good things about aligns unit, so i will be keen to hear your thoughts.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
well.. I wasnt really short on money.. but as what I read on 3gx.. I wasnt so happy with what i read. I love align stuff. But to be honest, not impresed by the reviews of 3g and 3gx. Tarot zyx... :) :) I love! I have enough faith in it that I have a 600 nitro bird on it! that shows you how much I like it! :) and the zyx is so good on programmability , and updates come every once in a while. you can program it to fly docile or FAST!! lol

its your choice in the end though. 1000 mouths canhave 1000 opinion.. lol i am just one of many with a different opinion heehee

if i was to spend good big money on a flybarless gyro I would skip all align stuff.. and just go to beastx.. I have on of those.. and they just plain work.. I mean minimal setup and maximum output and performance. like seriously..

got even more moeny I would go with V-BAR... you have to be good at computers to get them to set right.. but they have features like vibration plotting and "flybar feel" .. and all sorts of of stuff.. :D

But I love tarot zyx.. :)

heli-maniac

its a little late now got the align 3 g coming
so we will see how it works good thing is i didnt pay a ton for it so if i have to change it it will not be to bad
i only went this rout because it looks a little easier to set up but only time will tell i bet i still have fun with it
but hell i still got to finish the hk 450 pro rebuild its close to being done just waiting on the frame peaces i ordered then i will unvale it to the site

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
ok. for the 3g... before you install it, open the casing and put hotlue or something to the wires coming out if it going to the actual sensor.. look for mods people have done to make the gyro not poop out on you. I am sure it will work for you. it wont really show any issues til you actually go into some fff or similar.. but you'll be good.. set it up. make a thread, tell us how it went :D

Lee

I like the look of this. Infinity Hobby
Might get another 450 just to try it out.

- - - Updated - - -

I like the look of this. Infinity Hobby
Might get another 450 just to try it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom