450 TAROT ZYX 3 axis gryo

Ghostflyer1

As you all know I ordered in one of those Tarot ZYX 3 axis gyros with the FBL Head from infinity hobby. It arrived via EMS in about 4 days which was really amazing. So I pulled off the Fly bar head on my KDS 450 and went to town. First off the linkage rods that came in a sealed package were not threaded properly on one side. So I can put the ball link eye on one side and the other side would not thread for anything. I have some spares the same length so I used those instead. In my case the head was a little tight going onto the main shaft but a little grease and talking dirty to it, it finally went on. BTW make sure to take it all apart and grease the thrust bearings and lock tight the ball links and arms. There was not a drop of lock tight on it anywhere. Plugging the wires in was straight out of the manual. Unplugging the motor *Safety First* I then proceeded to go through the manual learning how to program the thing. It took a few times to actually understand what I was doing and make sure that everything was working in the right direction. Then I went over it yet again each time understanding more of how this thing works. So it was finally setup then the holidays hit followed by nasty weather on the weekend. This evening after work I took it for a test hover and quickly found the gain setting from my prior gyro was way to high in normal mode. I back that down a considerable amount until it stopped wagging at a rapid pace. It did however like my gain setting for Idle up. That tweeked, I grabbed 2 batteries and ran around the corner to a field close by. With just enough light for maybe 2 flights *yes my eyes are not what they use to be* I brought it into a hover and did some collective pumps with it. MMMMM Tail held really well doing a few more I did a slow circuit. Yup it feels good. Shot it across the field in some hard bank turns and its still solid, back around up to about 70 feet and flipped it inverted. All I can say is it flipped much faster than when it was flybar'd. Second battery pack it was getting a little dim for my comfort so I did some FF circuits, piros and slow circles. All in all I was very happy with the way this thing performed. Guys for a 59.00 3 axis gyro I was really impressed. I made my little KDS 450C a whole new animal. It flew like it was on rails and the tail felt really solid. If your looking for an cost effective way to go FBL this may be an option for you. I just could not stomach putting a Beastx on my 450 when it costs as much as the heli does. I will be doing some more testing with it, but for now I am really happy with it.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Hey!!! Very good to know someone else got it too. I got mine like last week. I finally have it tuned today! I am so happy! This thing tracks like crazy!!!

And yes it's fast. Flips like unreal! It's amazing for the price... And I am running on analog servos too .. So I am surprised how well it's working with them, cause usually FBL systems don't work with analog very well!
I am very happy! I had a report form other forums that this works VERY WELL with 600's too. My eyes were twinkling lol.

I am gonna see of I can find the FBL head for mine. :)

I found some good info on raptortechnique.com .. That guy is very helpful too. :)

Let me know of any tips or tricks you tried.. I'll tell you too.. :)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
looking for the heli max kinetic 50.. its the century hawk pro with 10mm shaft, stretched out. will cliff have this one too ? Its a 90 degree swash with mechanical mixing ..

mirrorcarp27

As you all know I ordered in one of those Tarot ZYX 3 axis gyros with the FBL Head from infinity hobby. It arrived via EMS in about 4 days which was really amazing. So I pulled off the Fly bar head on my KDS 450 and went to town. First off the linkage rods that came in a sealed package were not threaded properly on one side. So I can put the ball link eye on one side and the other side would not thread for anything. I have some spares the same length so I used those instead. In my case the head was a little tight going onto the main shaft but a little grease and talking dirty to it, it finally went on. BTW make sure to take it all apart and grease the thrust bearings and lock tight the ball links and arms. There was not a drop of lock tight on it anywhere. Plugging the wires in was straight out of the manual. Unplugging the motor *Safety First* I then proceeded to go through the manual learning how to program the thing. It took a few times to actually understand what I was doing and make sure that everything was working in the right direction. Then I went over it yet again each time understanding more of how this thing works. So it was finally setup then the holidays hit followed by nasty weather on the weekend. This evening after work I took it for a test hover and quickly found the gain setting from my prior gyro was way to high in normal mode. I back that down a considerable amount until it stopped wagging at a rapid pace. It did however like my gain setting for Idle up. That tweeked, I grabbed 2 batteries and ran around the corner to a field close by. With just enough light for maybe 2 flights *yes my eyes are not what they use to be* I brought it into a hover and did some collective pumps with it. MMMMM Tail held really well doing a few more I did a slow circuit. Yup it feels good. Shot it across the field in some hard bank turns and its still solid, back around up to about 70 feet and flipped it inverted. All I can say is it flipped much faster than when it was flybar'd. Second battery pack it was getting a little dim for my comfort so I did some FF circuits, piros and slow circles. All in all I was very happy with the way this thing performed. Guys for a 59.00 3 axis gyro I was really impressed. I made my little KDS 450C a whole new animal. It flew like it was on rails and the tail felt really solid. If your looking for an cost effective way to go FBL this may be an option for you. I just could not stomach putting a Beastx on my 450 when it costs as much as the heli does. I will be doing some more testing with it, but for now I am really happy with it.

Hi I am a new beginner to this hobby and at the moment I have got a Tarot 450pro V2 FBL kit which is still in it's box when I get around to start building this kit I am going to need help with this item Tarot ZYX-S 3-Axis Flybarless Gyro System ZYX01 USB Programmer Link to set up I haven't done this before and you could say I don't know what I am doing. I am flying a MJX F45 Single Rotor Helicopter Complete 4 Channel (2.4GHz) which I have already crashed a few times and repairs done but now getting better flying due to getting a very good flight Simulator AccuRC which is help me and the work shop is good to see how your model should work when you move the sticks on your transmitter. I don't need any electric stuff I have all the servo's x 4, Motor,ESC,Transmitter,Battery's,Charger and a lot of upgraded part too any help would be great.

murankar

Staff member
Yes we can help, just start a new thread in the gyro section and we assist you through the setup process. The hardest part will be the gain setting during the tuning phase.

Top Bottom