Quad Tarot iron man 650 MM quad or hexa

WyDiablo

Ok guys let me run this build by you and get your comments. Right now I have a Carbon core X4 650 MM quad and I really hate that it sits very low to the ground and not enough room on top for electronics. I was thinking about scrapping it out and moving everything over to a 560MM quad or hexa. This is my current setup now that I"m running on my quad.

Carbon core X4 frame
(4) 40Amp esc's
(4) DYS BE4108-10 (580Kv) 810watt motors
(4) 12"x6 APC Props
(1) 6S-3300Mah battery
Naza-M V1 FC
Naza GPS
Gopro Camera
Fat Shark CCD 420 TVL Camera (FPV)
Tarnis X8R rx
Taranis tx

I'd like to transfer this setup over to a Tarot 650 quad or hexa (Need 2 more motors & Esc's). So would this setup be ok or do I need bigger motors? I know that someone here built a Tarot and from what I could see it flew and looked great. If I buy a Tarot should I get the electric retracts or just the one that has the standard carbon landing gear?

Last edited:

Tasajara

Your motors should be fine on a Tarot 650... I have some 650kv motors with 11x5 props on mine. I am running 4s 5000mAh.

WyDiablo

I was considering the Tarot because of the larger surface area on top of the frame. The way my frame is made the little plate where the GPS sets takes up room that could be used for other things. I have also been thinking about removing that plate and putting the gps in another location. That way I could move my cameras onto the larger plate below where the gps sits and lighten the weight of the quad some.
View attachment 13441

WyDiablo

I figured you were running like 420 or 480 motors with 13 to 14 inch props. Man that seems like a really heavy quad. Mine weights in at 2.9Kg (6.39 lbs) and I thought yours was around 3.5 lbs . Does your Tarot have plenty of power with the 650Kv motors and that kind of weight?

Top Bottom