450 Tarot 450 pro

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I finally got a chance to try my Tarot 450 pro/dfc with my new KSTDS215 servos. WOW, these servos are wicked fast and I'm loving them. The heli is belt driven and i would like to know if i should try switching to torque driven or not even bother to change over. I heard that torque drive strip easily. Any input will be helpful.Thanks

Lee

Don't bother.
Are you having issues with a belted tail?
Its much more forgiving in a crash than a tube.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Thanks Lee. Belted drive has been working fine for me. I wont bother to change over especially when i crash while attempting to do tricks. Have a good day!

murankar

Staff member
Yeah there is no advantage to torque tube. Some gears can strip easily while others are iron clad.

Actually there is an advantage to torque tube. Its when you have an extreme temp change. Belts will change tensions under these conditions.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Admiral

If you do decide to go TT the align Black gears are good, the align white ones are to brittle and loose teeth easily. I have two TT helicopters a 450 and a 500 and the only difference to me is that I must be more careful landing with a TT tail, other than that they perform the same.

Slobberdog

I just put my 450 in the ground and killed the main gear, stripped more teeth off it than I had teeth left on, but did not strip a tooth of any of the tail drive, black gears on front and white on the tail box,

Torque tubes are inherently easier to set up and hence most of the time run more efficiently because you don't have to set tension, tension is lost energy, however you look at it,

Some manufacturers have it a lot better than others but it is still down to the persons feel that is building the heli, belts stretch and loose tension over use, due to heat produced because of the tension in the belt to begin with,

Just my 2c, but if it's not broke don't fix it D.O.G

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Thanks murankar about changing temp will affect the tension. I learn something new every time i post a question up.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey slobberdog, i agree with you about if it's not broke don't fix it so i wont. I will leave it alone because i'm very pleased with my heli and it's been awhile since she flew this good.

- - - Updated - - -

I appreciate your input also Mr. Admiral. I didn't know that the performances is about the same.

murankar

Staff member
For the most part performance is the same, provided the tension is at its optimal set point.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Top Bottom