450 Tarot 450 pro v2 fbl wobbles

Danie Dup

Hi Guys.

Please excuse me if this issue has been discussed somewhere else in the forum. I am new to the forums and could find anything.

My Tarot 450 Pro v2 FBL developed a sudden wobble when I switch to idle up. I can not find any mechanical faults with the heli and it has not had any crashes, so I do not expect the main shaft to be bent. I also checked the bearings on the feathering shaft and all seem in tact.

It seems to start with a tail wobble, but soon the entire heli wobbles. I have not checked the servo's as quite frankly I do not know how and they all seem to work fine without any/much noise when the heli is still on the ground.

The heli seem to fly ok when I am not in idle up mode and don't fly hard for the entire duration of the flight.

My head speed in idle up is set at 90% and the Dual rates also at 90% with tail at 100%.

The gyro is set on inh on the radio and no sub trims. The xyz system was set up for me at my local hobby shop where I bought the heli, and I have never experimented with the setup.

murankar

Staff member
How many flights do you have on the kit? Its possible the head dampeners may need replaced.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Danie Dup

Thanks murankar.

When I pulled the feathering shaft out to check the bearings and washers, it was tight in the rubber dampeners. I will double check to make sure all is ok.

Can it possibly be settings on the xyz system or do you expect only mechanical issue only?

Tony

Staff member
First, you need to turn the gyro on and set a positive number in there. This is how you adjust your tail gain. Let us know what Tx you are using and what gyro you are using and we can help further.

Danie Dup

I am using a Spektrum Dx6i and the gyro is set to inh which I assumed as maximum gain. I didn't want to turn gyro on on the radio as I was concerned it would interfere with the xyz set-up. I am totally unfamiliar with the electronics of a flybarless heli. Just as confusing to me is why the heli will wobble on idle up and not at lower headspeed.

Tony

Staff member
inh stand for inhibit, or turned off. Set it to gyro then set your gain to about +35%.

Danie Dup

Thanks Tony. I appreciate the quick response from you and murankar. I will probably get a chance to go fly tomorrow morning and will try the heli with gyro turned on. I will report back.

murankar

Staff member
If things were fine and it started wobbling out of no where i would guess mechanical.

On the zyx you will need to go to the monitor screen after turning on you switch.

Then check to see if the gain affects the slider in the monitor. If it does then your set on the tail. Your gain value in the zyx software should be set to 100 if your using the tx to adjust tail gain.

Danie Dup

If things were fine and it started wobbling out of no where i would guess mechanical.

On the zyx you will need to go to the monitor screen after turning on you switch.

Then check to see if the gain affects the slider in the monitor. If it does then your set on the tail. Your gain value in the zyx software should be set to 100 if your using the tx to adjust tail gain.

I will read it again Sloowwly...

Lee

The guys have set you on the right track for what to do.
Just a note on why a heli would wobble in ID1 and not in normal. It could be that the head speed in Normal is lower than in ID1.
So the higher speed makes the heli more sensitive, and the gyro settings are too high for ID1 but fine for Norm.
Good luck

Danie Dup

Thanks guys

You have been very helpful. I did find a suspicious collet/lock bolt on the main shaft which kept on slipping a bit, allowing some play on the shaft. I replaced the part and also activated gyro and set gains to what looks to hold well in a hover. We have been having a windy weekend and I have not been able to fly since the adjustments, but I am hopeful that my problem has been resolved with you help.

Top Bottom