Tarot 450 Pro V2 Barebones Unboxing Video

cpo

My entry into the heli world has officially began with the unboxing of my first 450 sized heli. : )

[video=youtube_share;kBryYnDEFKQ]http://youtu.be/kBryYnDEFKQ[/video]

Tony

Staff member
Great video cpo! When I was looking at buying the Align T-Rex 450 Pro V2, I was also looking at this and looking at the much lower price as well lol. However, the quality of the electronics that the Align came with won me over. As stated in the build videos, if you were to buy the electronics for the Align separately, it would cost more just for the electronics than it did for the super combo. So you are pretty much getting the kit for free.

As you stated in the video, that is definitely the V2 Pro. The gyro mount inside the frame gives that away as does the extended battery mount.

I noticed that you said things were "tight" when playing with the tail. There should be no slop, but things should move very freely. I noticed on the head, the swash drivers were not falling under their own weight when you were turning it around. This is for myself, a cause for concern. Just in case you don't know what a swash driver is, it's the two arms that are hanging below the blade grips. The plastic pieces that are attached to them are called Radius arms.

The part that is marked Pro V2 is the motor mount, just FYI.

Some differences that I noticed from the Align kit that I built. The carbon fiber on the Align was flawless. No slag, no scuff marks and they had a serial number on them (maybe a part number, not sure). The canopies are identical except for the wording. The torque tube on yours is made out of brass whereas mine was made out of carbon fiber. Brass will transfer more vibration and could amplify it. But, if you ever crash this heli, you can always put the Align TT back in that is carbon, it should fit just fine.

If you are running a 7+ channel Tx, and you are going to go with the ZYX or 3GX gyros, mount them inside the chassis. This makes for a MUCH cleaner wiring. It took me forever to wire my heli that I never showed on video, but if I remember right, I show all of the wires. The guy who bought it (Adam) said it was a nightmare to work on and try to put the wires back lmao. But dammit, it looked CLEAN! lol.

The heli looks really good. As stated, I was going to go with this until the wife gave me the go ahead to get the Align, then it was game over for tarot.

One thing that concerns me though. You are talking about going 6s on this thing. IMO, that is a bad idea. 3S has MORE than enough power for even the most skilled of pilots. With that being said, we will still work with you on getting everything going. First note for running 6s, put that 14T pinion away and forget about it. It will have way too much head speed with that one. You need a 10t or 11t. This can be adjusted to be perfect later on.

Teh blades look really good. The carbon fiber is nice and straight which you have a hard time finding on a clone. The flashing is normal on these blades, even my 600 nitro has some flashing on it. Don't sand on the blades. Just in case you were thinking about it lol.

Make sure to watch my videos and tear that head apart as well as the tail and check all of the bearings. Thrust bearings included. When you take the screws out to put thread lock on them, wash them off in a bowl of 99% isopropyl alcohol to get the oil off of them. If you think you see some thread lock on them, then soak them in acetone to remove it. Never trust any of that stuff. Then, spin them like you are unscrewing them from a paper towel to dry them off. This will ensure you have a good bond in the metal parts. Make sure to clean out the threads on the feathering shaft as well (the shaft that goes through the head block and holds the grips together).

All in all, I like that kit. I greatly appreciate you showing the build guides and web address to the RcHelpDotCom channel and website.

We are always here if you need any help. Should be a great bird once you get her in the air.

cpo

I figured out how to upload the full length video on Youtube...so I consolidated it back into a single video. Problem is, now I can't figure out how to edit my post to change it.... : ) I'm learning in all aspect here.

Here is the link to the single video version. I'm removing the two part series.

[video=youtube_share;kBryYnDEFKQ]http://youtu.be/kBryYnDEFKQ[/video]

murankar

Staff member
You need to have 100 posts or more to edit. Its for safety reasons. Tony Gaba or lee can edit it for you, just send them the link of just add a new post.

cpo

You need to have 100 posts or more to edit. Its for safety reasons. Tony Gaba or lee can edit it for you, just send them the link of just add a new post.

Thanks. 97 more posts to go. Well...96 after this one. : )

murankar

Staff member
The component with the V2 branding is the motor mount.

I actually gave it a brief thought of getting when I bought my Protos Mini. I was getting really impatient while I was waiting for the Furion 450 to become available.
It is rumored that Tarot is a clone made by Align not sure how true it is. Anyhow looks almost like a T-Rex as appose to an EXI or HK.

cpo

The component with the V2 branding is the motor mount.

I actually gave it a brief thought of getting when I bought my Protos Mini. I was getting really impatient while I was waiting for the Furion 450 to become available.
It is rumored that Tarot is a clone made by Align not sure how true it is. Anyhow looks almost like a T-Rex as appose to an EXI or HK.

My goal when I build (and I will be continuing with build videos) is to correctly name each part on the heli as I work on it. : ) Thankfully, the manual makes it easy to learn.

murankar

Staff member
Your lucky, my EXI did not come with one and it was 98% assembled and I had to break it down to thread lock every piece that needed it. It was way more work than what was called for but I got it on the air and now it's in Pieces in a draw for now.

Top Bottom